Black Entertainment : "Black-ish" a new TV show where the joke is Black Family

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Asomfwaa, May 21, 2014.

1. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564

It appears that the joke is Black Family. Anyone see differently? Who will be watching?

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    ABC Gives Pilot Order To 'Black-Ish' - From Kenya Barris, Starring Anthony Anderson
    TELEVISION
    BY TAMBAY A. OBENSON
    JANUARY 17, 2014

[​IMG]
    Kenya Barris

....ABC has ordered a pilot for Barris' half-hour scripted comedy titled Black-ish (from a previous script commitment) starring Anthony Anderson, written byKenya Barris (The Game), and produced by Laurence Fishburne’s Cinema Gypsy production company.

To be based on Barris' own life (loosely), Black-ish will follow an upper-middle class black man, intent on raising his kids with some sense of cultural identity, in the face of an assault of constant contradictions and obstacles coming from various directions, insisting that his children be color-blind.

“I decided to do this project when I looked up and realized that everywhere I go I’m constantly the fly in buttermilk... I’m usually THE Black guy at work. We’re THE Black family in the neighborhood. My kids are basically THE Black kids at school. I think it’s kind of a situation of be careful what you wish for. It’s almost in like moving on up, I’ve sort of priced myself “out” of being Black,” said Barris.....

.... http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...h-from-kenya-barris-starring-anthony-anderson

3. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    This just future proves my point in my thread call "doll test, 2012". Some of us want to be anything but black, we think white is somehow better. The original test was done back in the sixties, my video just shows that out young has been conditioned to have that same mindset that being black is bad.

Peace!

4. Deacs

Deacs Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +567
    I really don't mind this premise... but from the clip it had me wondering why he waited so late to address this.

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    The joke is Kenya Burris for thinking he can raise his real life kids to be "color blind" yet with a BLACK identity.

Wonder how they'll explain all those black kids at the "black" bar mitzvah of the field hockey kid. :10500:

6. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

For years I have noticed that most of the black TV programmes usually have the father as the brunt of the jokes. The children berate the father and are disrespectful. When you look at the homes, they are ugly looking curtains , house looks kind of tacky (suggesting that black folks do not have great taste when it comes to home decorating..lol) that in essence the family life of black TV is nothing but a joke. Hollywood has their agenda and black folks are buying into it. Time was when blacks could only play the part as pimps, ho's, druggies....to me nothing has changed.