Black People : Black = Inferior

First Grade

First day of first grade in 1969 in Alabama attending a predominately white school. I was the old Black person in the class. I was called the n-word.

However, my parents prepared me emotionally for the encounter they knew I would eventually have...

I had a great first grade teacher who swiftly stopped that kind of behavior in the class room.

Well everybody know how racism can happend in the south. Well being in GA, when I was younger probably in elementary school my parents had brought home a flyer made by the KKK. I remember one part on it that said: "Pull the trigger and kill a *igger.".

Furthermore, just a few years ago had this incident. I remember like it was yesterday. I was home for springbreak. 4 of us were riding together including my younger sister, we attended the same university. Well it was my roommate's car and he is always driving on E. Well we barely pulled into some country part of town to a gas station. One person went to pay first because it was already night. Although, my roommate and I were still waiting at the car for the pump to be turned on. The white lady at the register never turned on the pump. She claimed that she turned on pump and we got our gas but didnot. The car was still on E. The gas station was filled with other white folk but they said nothing. Then one person with us started to get lound in the gas station and she called the cops. In a split second to cop cars pulled up.

Four cops got out the cars, 2 white and 2 black. One of the black cops got out the car showing out for the white folk,hollering "yall want to go to jail!" The other black cop was talking to my sister and I had mentioned, "yall see towns like this, donot come, you see how they treat yall". Well seeing the that the car was still on E proved we had not gotten any gas, we was eventually given the gas and we went on back our way.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back