Black People : Black Indians

Aye black bird, whats up.

I have been recently been attempting to contact the Chippewa-cree nation and I can never seem to get them on the phone where I explain that I am interested in their records to see if my paternal great great grandmother is in them. Any suggestions?

Sorry, brother. I don't have suggestions besides trying email or mail correspondence. Those groups out in Montana, especially the Rocky Boy people, are hard contacts. They are off the main track and tend to be preoccupied with daily living than answering requests for possible membership/enrollment. Are you descended from the Cree or the Chippewa people? I think I remember you saying the Cree. Aho Canadian boy, what ya doing south of the border?

Blackbird

Quick rundown of groups with significant African gene contribution....

- Pamunkey
- Nasemond
- Seminole
- Monacan
- Wampanoag
- Montaukett
- Shinnecock
- Narraganset
- Pequot
- Mohegan
- Cheroenhaka
- Saponi
- Meherrin
- Conoy
- Nanticoke
- Chickahominy
- Mattaponi

There are others but these figure prominently....

Blackbird

William S Yellow Robe, Jr.
Black/Assiniboine playwright, author of "Children of the Buffalo Soldier"

108163img2.jpg

Blackbird
I've heard of his work.

Sorry, brother. I don't have suggestions besides trying email or mail correspondence. Those groups out in Montana, especially the Rocky Boy people, are hard contacts. They are off the main track and tend to be preoccupied with daily living than answering requests for possible membership/enrollment. Are you descended from the Cree or the Chippewa people? I think I remember you saying the Cree. Aho Canadian boy, what ya doing south of the border?

Blackbird
Yes, one of my grandmothers was half chippewa cree. Thanks for tellin me they are hard contacts, it is all them more reason for me to try harder. I hope they still have some records left because I have some names....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back