Black People : Black Indians

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Yes, one of my grandmothers was half chippewa cree. Thanks for tellin me they are hard contacts, it is all them more reason for me to try harder. I hope they still have some records left because I have some names....
Boozhoo Bro. I-Khan,

This journey we walk is always one of challenges. That's to be expected and it's good you will not allow that to discourage you. I wish you well in your completion. Of course, I positive those up at Rocky Boy still have the records. Most Plains-based people are good for keeping that info preserved and I'm positive there may be a few elders that can give you the best results. Perhaps, depending on where you are located, it may be best for you to travel to Montana and speak with the people there. It's always good to speak with your folks. I got to make my pilgrimage to Lawton myself. Powwows can only do so much. Have you ever heard of the Little Otter Singers? You may like them.

Blackbird

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Powwows get my blood flowing... I love them - even when I'm not dancing...

I'm getting ready for the Grandmother of Powwows - The gathering of Nations this spring...

Blackbird

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Bro. I-Khan,

Here are some powwow scenes from the Rocky Boy Powwow 2008.

This is the jingle dance. The jingle dance was started by the Chippewa and has spread intertribally to most Indian nations. It is a staple at powwows and part of the dance retinue one can see.

This the Eagle Rock drum performing at Rocky Boy's powwow. The drum, which consists of all the members around the physical drum, is an important and integral part of powwows. They keep the heartbeat and ensures that the circle continues. Drums will play against each other and in the olden days the one drum that moves the most feet won. Drums are judge on tempo, dexterity, tone, sync and pitch.

Blackbird

Astrologer4U

Oct 18, 2008
California
Occupation
Self Employed
Blackbird, this is a great thread. Hey, when you saw my picture, did you think I looked like any particular Indian? I have been told that I don't look African, that I look Samoan or African American... hehehe. African American implies African mixed with something else and an American accent. My father is the one who told me that I favored Samoans when I was a child, so far as I know there are no Samoans in my blood line. I am older now of course and not to long ago, this lady brought a clothing magazine to me from Ghana, and she opened it up to show me this woman who looked like me. The woman did favor me but not fully. I look like an Islander I think. Some Indians look Samoan, don't you think?

Astrologer4U

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: