Black People : Black Indians

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
Nice thread Blackbird...

On my mothers side of the family, her father has a lot of Inidain roots. I wish I had a picture of him I could post, when I get a hold of one, I will post it. He really looks like an Indian, so does his othe brothers and sisters.

Astrologer4U
Sister Astrologer,

I think the admixture of First Nation genes in the overall genetic composition of "Stolen African" people is a much under-discussed and misunderstood topic in our community. As someone fairly intimate with First Nation people and a devout lover of African culture, I always search for those things our people carry that distinguish us from continental Africans and the rest of the African diaspora.

I have extensive Indian roots from both my paternal and maternal sides. I honor and respect them as much as my African roots. I believe that in order for a tree to grow the roots must be watered and nurtured. Let's make our trunk as strong as possible by attending to our roots and recognizing their importance.

Oh yeah cher, I haven't forgot about the Creole Plantations thread - I tried to respond but I had some much to say and I was always dealing with outside distractions that my post was timed-out and never made it as a thread entry. I will post my treatment of that on that particular when time permits.

Blackbird

Blackbird

Jan 31, 2004
Da Desert, literally
Occupation
Professional Hitman
What are some of the First Nation items that have made it into Black people's lives?

Food
Beans
Cornbread
Grits/Grounded Hominy
Squash
File' for Gumbo(Grounded Sassafras
Herbs especially y'all Rootworkers
John the Conqueror Root
Master Root
Buckeye
Angelica Root
Low John
Samspon Snake Root
Seneca Snake Root
Bo-Hog root (Lovage)
Mannerisms
The concept that direct eye contact is disrespectful
Co-sharing of relevance for elders
Co-sharing of respect for children
Co-sharing for importance of extended family in relation to nuclear family (clan, phratry and moiety)
There is much more but this is just a brief overview.

Blackbird

Knowledge Seed

Feb 22, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What are some of the First Nation items that have made it into Black people's lives?

Food
Beans
Cornbread
Grits/Grounded Hominy
Squash
File' for Gumbo(Grounded Sassafras
Herbs especially y'all Rootworkers
John the Conqueror Root
Master Root
Buckeye
Angelica Root
Low John
Samspon Snake Root
Seneca Snake Root
Bo-Hog root (Lovage)
Mannerisms
The concept that direct eye contact is disrespectful
Co-sharing of relevance for elders
Co-sharing of respect for children
Co-sharing for importance of extended family in relation to nuclear family (clan, phratry and moiety)
There is much more but this is just a brief overview.

Blackbird
Thanks brother man!

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: