Black People : Black Indians

We have examples of truth scholarship, aka Dubois et al, so I'm far less impressed by people just asking us to take their word for it, bruh...

FYI
I not doubting my rich Ancient story, it seemed like there were no truth to it. so i questioned it. I have read and got DVD's and have talked with others, i was trying find other people like me that are very excited about learning more, are may have are no things that i do no, because i do not care about what others say i will look into it. I have been white washed once but no more. Home brew

FYI

First of all, always forgive the unintended duplicate posts...

Second of all, most if any of you have yet to get your minds around how diverse we of african descent were and are, up to the present....

I. e., considering how so many of your young (or no so young) identify themselves as either the worse aspects of so called black culture etc., mostly in the urban areas, and/or consider have also chosen to identify with bad white role models, be it fictional or white criminals ad naseum just what are you and yours about, these days?

Me and mine just did and do give what we expect on the mutual respect side:

So what is your take on keeping it (for) real?

More than this inquring mind needs and wants your answer to that question, big time!

FYI

First of all, always forgive the unintended duplicate posts...

Second of all, most if any of you have yet to get your minds around how diverse we of african descent were and are, up to the present....

I. e., considering how so many of your young (or no so young) identify themselves as either the worse aspects of so called black culture etc., mostly in the urban areas, and/or consider have also chosen to identify with bad white role models, be it fictional or white criminals ad naseum just what are you and yours about, these days?

Me and mine just did and do give what we expect on the mutual respect side:

So what is your take on keeping it (for) real?

More than this inquring mind needs and wants your answer to that question, big time!

FYI

Brother Chuck,

I can only speak for me. With that said, I harbor no illusions about the history of the Americas. I seek not to paint a Black face on people or things I cannot confidently and conclusively say were Black. I like to give credit where credit is due regardless of how marginalized African accomplishments have been treated by the Western world and academia. As a Black man, I can not allow myself to behave like white folks and see what I want to see because of ideology and casual observer cherry picking. Thus, I see it as an insult to strip others of their cultural and historical legacy.

Many of the claims made by some of a definitive Pre-Columbian Black Indian presence is utterly ridiculous and devoid of any understanding of the native people of this land. I have seen where some have claimed that the Iroquoian people were supposedly Igbo people from Africa and I have seen where others have ran with it. The Iroquois were claimed to be Igbo because the name Iroquois resembled false cognates in the Igbo language. This was made by an Igbo woman. However, the people who are known as the Iroquois didn't even call themselves Iroquois. The word means nothing in their language. It was their enemies who gave them that name which meant "adders", "snakes", "enemy". And actually Iroquois is a French corruption of the enemies' word for the Haudenosaunee (the Iroquois) people. So this Igbo woman who made the claim that the Haudenosaunee were Igbo did so by showing a similarity between the French corruption of a label given by others to Igbo words. Yet some of us who are uneducated about the Haudenosaunee took her word and ran with it as yet another example of the presence of Black Indians.

There are plenty of others like this one that have had more widespread appeal, go into more frequent rotation and become verifiable fact due to urban legend status. We have to deal with the real and not fall for fanciful ideations because we want them to be true and because Black people are the first people so the Earth was ours only at one time.

Brother Chuck,

I can only speak for me. With that said, I harbor no illusions about the history of the Americas. I seek not to paint a Black face on people or things I cannot confidently and conclusively say were Black. I like to give credit where credit is due regardless of how marginalized African accomplishments have been treated by the Western world and academia. As a Black man, I can not allow myself to behave like white folks and see what I want to see because of ideology and casual observer cherry picking. Thus, I see it as an insult to strip others of their cultural and historical legacy.

Many of the claims made by some of a definitive Pre-Columbian Black Indian presence is utterly ridiculous and devoid of any understanding of the native people of this land. I have seen where some have claimed that the Iroquoian people were supposedly Igbo people from Africa and I have seen where others have ran with it. The Iroquois were claimed to be Igbo because the name Iroquois resembled false cognates in the Igbo language. This was made by an Igbo woman. However, the people who are known as the Iroquois didn't even call themselves Iroquois. The word means nothing in their language. It was their enemies who gave them that name which meant "adders", "snakes", "enemy". And actually Iroquois is a French corruption of the enemies' word for the Haudenosaunee (the Iroquois) people. So this Igbo woman who made the claim that the Haudenosaunee were Igbo did so by showing a similarity between the French corruption of a label given by others to Igbo words. Yet some of us who are uneducated about the Haudenosaunee took her word and ran with it as yet another example of the presence of Black Indians.

There are plenty of others like this one that have had more widespread appeal, go into more frequent rotation and become verifiable fact due to urban legend status. We have to deal with the real and not fall for fanciful ideations because we want them to be true and because Black people are the first people so the Earth was ours only at one time.

I agree and I too try not make claims that I can't prove definitely. But Bro. Blackbird what about the indigenous Kalifornians? Would you consider them African/Black? And are you familiar with the "Paleo-American"?

I agree and I too try not make claims that I can't prove definitely. But Bro. Blackbird what about the indigenous Kalifornians? Would you consider them African/Black? And are you familiar with the "Paleo-American"?

I don't really know about the Black Californians. I never heard of them before to say anything otherwise. Perhaps you can drop me some while I go look at what is being said about them. In regards to Paleo Americans, I presume that they were here before the First Nation Indians right? What role have people said these archaic Americans played? I remember the discovery of Luzia in South America back in the late 90's if I am correct but I haven't did much looking into any of that besides casual observation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back