Black People : Black In The U. S. : 2012

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by chuck, Aug 28, 2012.

1. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
  2. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    Obsolete?
    *smirk*

Some or many black folks render themselves 'obsolete'.
    It's 'sink or swim'. It always was...but some? You can trust them to flounder, regardless.
    *shrug*

In the meantime, every group looks out for it's own. It's not a completely racist thing. It's just what's expected. Groups stick together. I spend a lot of time dealing with 'the public' in my line of work.
    People (all people) are about AS racist as they always were. They're just more covert about it. It's just not acceptable to be upfront about it.
    ...and it never made sense to me when black folks complained about not being 'accepted' by whites, so to speak.
    What else could be expected, 'shortbus'? We are not them. Why would they be?
    I don't see how black folks could expect the white community to embrace us, in the first place.

...and the black folks who do will never prosper so long as they continue to look for the govt to help them/fix things/solve their problems.
    That's why they don't. They why they haven't.

Politics? 2 billion. The govt 'can't fix' this or that for black folks?
    Duh.
    What with the history of our group in this country, you gotta wonder why some black folks have such faith in anything beyond ourselves (much less the govt)...in the first place.
    The possible white lining to the storm cloud? It took putting a black(ish) man in the WH for some black folks to FINALLY understand that the Dems aren't our friends, either.

Hell, Obama's butt had barely warmed the seat before Reid and his bobblehead veep were showing their true colors. They've a point, though.
    I mean - I don't know about ya'll but it brought me immense joy to know that the first black(ish) man in my white house didn't speak with a 'nigra dialect' and was representin' me!
    The dems couldn't go wrong. I mean - look at Obama: He's all nice and articulate and...yes - clean, even. :rolleyes:
    I can't even believe some of these black dems and their mindless support of that party. I can't stand the GOP, but I my all-out hatred for the Dem Party was well-honed back in 2004 during my time in fl, the swing state, and again in '08.
    "Oh, the GOP's trynna put you back on the plantation. A vote for Obama --"
    It was disgusting...and the black crowd just lapped that s--t right up!
    I didn't know who to be more angry with....

'The people' allowed this govt to get into it's current state.
    No one wants to be a part of the process. They dont' want to vote. They don't want to do their research (instead of depending on the media for the Cliff's Notes version). They don't want to demonstrate. They don't want to get at their congressman.
    "Oh, who cares...the govt sucks!"
    ...and whatever else.

I do understand why people feel such a way, but....no matter how you look at it: It's really on us to police this govt.
    This govt isn't the end-all/be all. No govt is.
    With ours? It's legitimacy comes from the will of the people and the constitution.
    Stating the obvious: There's a very thin line between order and chaos.
    *shrug*
    When 'the people' fall asleep at the wheel, it's too easy for others that don't have our best interests at heart to step in and control things.

Obama?
    No one controls the WH. No president for sure! O was never a particularly strong 'chief' to begin with. The Dems are weak and yielding. That's not a total negative, because after Bush and his 'my way or the highway/i'm American; I'll kick your a--s" attitude? Obama's demeanor was welcome.
    But - expecting Obama to be a 'one-man clean up crew' was never realistic. There's too much red tape involved.

My opinion of Obama?
    I have no opinion....*laugh*
    I don't actually care one way or the other, right now. I'm pretty disenchanted with the media+politics right now...and I have been on media hiatus for the past year.
    I will do my research and throw a vote, however. Might go 'third party' again. I know that I need to stay involved and I will. Doesn't mean that I'm not tired of these idiots.

Who are 'we, the people'?
    Anyone who lives in this country, imo.
    *shrug*
    Though, I made my own way (and am deeply proud of that)?
    I came from money. I'm marrying money.
    I like to think of myself as being 'wealthy, by association'....y'know?
    *laugh*
    Even by myself? I'm fine, but...when the cost of food rises? I feel it.
    When the price of gas hits 3/gal? I'll feel it.
    When I have to pay higher and higher taxes that eat into my income and decrease my wealth?
    I feel it.

So --
    I never really understood how any others could live in America, pay taxes, have every inch of their life affected by it's laws...and somehow claim to exist outside of it.

3. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    CTJ:

Some just reveal by their own deeds and words, what truly motivates them, i. e., whether they are just striving to make a buck, or do intend to help make a difference...

Otherwise on point/on time comments etc.

:10200:

4. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Let's start fresh (if not just over)...

First of all: Lacking the usually included text (from the article) I'm not quite sure what exactly you're referring to...

5. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    I placed a link to an article, and one I had hoped folk replied about, and/or if they disagree they also do more than react or overreact to what the writer stated...

And being the writer is a pro black business etc. as some here claimed to be, I must admit to being rather dismayed, by the one response I've gotten back!

SMH...