Haiti : Black in Latin America (Haiti & the Dominican Republic: An Island Divided)

As my cable company here does not do PBS and I don't like youtube, I have not see this. But why should I comment, obviously a Harvard Professor with an agenda knows much more than people that live on this island(either side). Maybe he can make this the subject at the next beer summit? We put very little credibility to those from the USA that come here to tell us how things are.

Why are you getting so defensive, you've been hanging around Americans too long?:SuN031: You live on the island, and you are from there... so i was looking for your input as to how DR was portrayed ...i was just telling a FB friend that i really don't understand why black folks are so obsessed with finding out if DR peeps (now cape verde ) recognize their african heritage or not..i mean who cares? It's not like you lot have some great army like China, and are h%ll bent on killing anyone who is darker than a brown paper bag..I don't get it... i think it is some kind of inferiority/narcissistic complex... but folks will die first before they admit to that..

when you do get a chance to watch it, i would still like your input....

and oh btw... he did show folks on DR who practice african spirituality, and readily talk about their african heritage...

Why are you getting so defensive, you've been hanging around Americans too long?:SuN031: You live on the island, and you are from there... so i was looking for your input as to how DR was portrayed ...i was just telling a FB friend that i really don't understand why black folks are so obsessed with finding out if DR peeps (now cape verde ) recognize their african heritage or not..i mean who cares? It's not like you lot have some great army like China, and are h%ll bent on killing anyone who is darker than a brown paper bag..I don't get it... i think it is some kind of inferiority/narcissistic complex... but folks will die first before they admit to that..when you do get a chance to watch it, i would still like your input....

and oh btw... he did show folks on DR who practice african spirituality, and readily talk about their african heritage...

I was wondering the exact same thing, I am pretty sure it's an inferiority complex. Some black folks will cut you if you dare say ur amber/brown behind ain't black.lol On another site some chick got a 'tude because I posted a website showing egyptians w/ both straight/"caucasian" and nappy/"afro" hair. It's kinda funny and pathetic at the same time.lol

I actually liked the program but black folks should stop harassing dominicans about how they view themselves.

Not Defensive

Why are you getting so defensive, you've been hanging around Americans too long?:SuN031: You live on the island, and you are from there... so i was looking for your input as to how DR was portrayed ...i was just telling a FB friend that i really don't understand why black folks are so obsessed with finding out if DR peeps (now cape verde ) recognize their african heritage or not..i mean who cares? It's not like you lot have some great army like China, and are h%ll bent on killing anyone who is darker than a brown paper bag..I don't get it... i think it is some kind of inferiority/narcissistic complex... but folks will die first before they admit to that..

when you do get a chance to watch it, i would still like your input....

Will not do any good for me to discuss this as most have already made up their mind about it any way, and nothing I could say will change what they have read or think. Therefore no sense in trying, I don't normally go around beating my head against a wall. From what I hear there are lots of things left out glossed over etc. but the only ones that know this are the ones that live on the island, both sides.

Has anyone done this for Greek, Turkish Cypriot? there is another island separated by custom, language, heritage.

As for the comment about the DR's Humanitarian effort after the earthquake, we still have thousands either in our hospitals, or aid stations, we are actually doing something instead of like the other countries talking about it. Yes we deport illegals, but so do other countries. 1600 dominicans from the USA in the last 6 months. Do I think the USA should have kept them no they are not citizens and they broke the law send them back!

As my cable company here does not do PBS and I don't like youtube, I have not see this. But why should I comment, obviously a Harvard Professor with an agenda knows much more than people that live on this island(either side). Maybe he can make this the subject at the next beer summit? We put very little credibility to those from the USA that come here to tell us how things are.

:SuN013:

Will not do any good for me to discuss this as most have already made up their mind about it any way, and nothing I could say will change what they have read or think. Therefore no sense in trying, I don't normally go around beating my head against a wall. From what I hear there are lots of things left out glossed over etc. but the only ones that know this are the ones that live on the island, both sides.

Has anyone done this for Greek, Turkish Cypriot? there is another island separated by custom, language, heritage.

As for the comment about the DR's Humanitarian effort after the earthquake, we still have thousands either in our hospitals, or aid stations, we are actually doing something instead of like the other countries talking about it. Yes we deport illegals, but so do other countries. 1600 dominicans from the USA in the last 6 months. Do I think the USA should have kept them no they are not citizens and they broke the law send them back!

You can never guess in advance who is reading what you're posting with an open not closed mind...

Do give me and others who also post on these forums our choice and our right to make up our own minds too...

:SuN044:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back