Black Education / Schools : Black Home Education

umbrarchist

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 13, 2007

I have watched this video 3 times.

My mother says she taught me and my sister to read when we were 3 years old. I don't remember and my sister was 4 years older. But I do remember reading Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer, I think I was 4.

One thing about being a kid is whatever is going on around you is accepted as "normal" even if you don't like it. There is no other point of comparison. So my mother sent me to a Catholic elementary school but neither of my parents suggested any books to read all through grammar school. But when I started reading science fiction in 4th grade my mother called it "something crazy."

Did she trust the White Nuns to do appropriate "education?" Who decides what that is? Someone here said SF was written by white men. I knew that when I was 9 years old. But the nuns never said squat about science and technology. My sister told me that a nun said, "science and religion don't mix". The funny thing is I arranged for some computers to be donated to the school in the 90s. The company I was working for was upgrading and getting rid of the old ones. Do computers and religion mix?

I have read 3 of those books and have Powernomics by Claude Anderson on my phone.
CHAPTER FOUR

Restructuring Schools for Group Competitiveness

When you control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his actions . . . He will find his proper place and stand in it.

~ Dr. Carter G. Woodson. 1933

The traditional role of schools for Black children must be changed in order to make them functional and relevant in the lives of Black Americans. Black schools must empower Black children by functioning as extensions of the family, teaching the realities of life, dispensing knowledge and honing skills. It is from these collective school experiences that Black children learn to perceive the world and their place in it as individuals as well as members of a race of people. Schools have yet to perform these tasks. Changing Black schools into what they should be will require major restructuring.
Education Reform #6: Using Technology

Technological development-computer advances, the Internet, high speed data connections-has rapidly changed the way we conduct most life activities. It is important that our children are exposed to and learn how to use the developing forms of technology so that they will have marketable business and employment opportunities in life. It will be the role of PowerNomics based schools, however, to frame technology in the most appropriate way for our goals, as a tool that increases efficiency and information. They will be trained in using computerized technology in processing and research, business and product management. communicating and marketing services and goods, and most importantly, in the creation of new technology. It will be the technology that evolves from our vertical industries that provides wealth creation opportunities for Black America.

Start Homeschooling

Math without subscription

These palefaces have been screwing with mathematics and "education" in general since the 60s. But they are b!tchng and moaning about education for white kids all over the internet.

What is so great about the internet if the info is no good?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back