Black Education / Schools : Black Home Education

Do you remember what it was? I would like to compare it to my listening experiences.

It was R. J. Davis that I could not tolerate listening to for any length of time.

Gregg Margarite was no problem whatsoever.

Yes, I actually just went back and found the book.

But I'm feeing bad now, to share it ... :(

It is a work of love, the site and what they are doing, the volunteers giving their time to the effort.

I hate to disparage the reader of the book. I just checked and they have 464 books they've recorded.

Just because I had a negative reaction to their voice, does not mean others will. I don't want to discourage anyone.

So no, I won't share it. Your question is reasonable and if I had anticipated it, I may not have posted my review! :)

@umbrarchist ... I need you to behave in a manner that allows me to always anticipate your next move ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

If I had the temperament to teach as a profession or even as a part time hobby today? I don't really know to tell the truth. But as I eluded to, I don't really have the temperament for that sort of exercise.
It'd probably be easier to say what I wouldn't be trying to teach, something like English for instance. (dyxliea strikes again)

A few years ago I was offered a position at a school to teach an art class in metal work. I thought long and hard about it........it was tempting if nothing else but for the experience however after some thought I realized one; I wasn't anywhere close to running my life on anything even resembling a schedule and two; it isn't a job (or calling if you will) that can just be mailed in when one doesn't feel like 'being' there, it isn't fair to the students and for what'd I be teaching it's dangerous playing with fire and hot iron....so you don't mail it in, you're either 'all there' or don't play.
So I turned down the position.
Other than that? Dogs?
Dogs and I get along just fine.........it's the people that's the hardest to train. I lose my patience with them every time. But I sure every dog handler feels the same way.....even towards me.(gasp!!! can you believe it??!!!)

I'll accept my place and be happy within the village and teach when and what I can.
Teaching and learning is a life long endeavor.

Yes, I think teaching requires a love for it, a sort of burning desire to do it. We all have desires to do things, often quite varied, and important. We all probably do some teaching in the course of our lives, whether intended or not.

I kinda thought of dogs too. Your passion for it shines through, and many (like myself) could learn from you. Dog teachers / trainers can command big bucks, and since you love it, it's a win win. Yes, you would have to deal with the owners ... lol ... but you would probably have the pooch's well being front of mind, and push through :)

Thanks for sharing with me!

:heart:

Destee

Here this might help

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back