Black Education / Schools : Black Home Education

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
Things are getting interesting:

The voucher promised for each Family ( $7000.00 ) will get a student enrolled with a month or two before next due. Speaking from a private school parent.
The fallacy of everyone switching, is the excitement and fanfare dies down. After the initial credit expires. They will face a $1500.00 dollar school bill. If not more per child.

School uniforms etc. Pile all that with others bills that become due. It gets very expensive.

The Books for Private School, are Special Editions. Signed off by dozens educational contributors.

Home Schooling can be done.

umbrarchist

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 13, 2007
.The Books for Private School, are Special Editions. Signed off by dozens educational contributors.

Home Schooling can be done.
I have not seen home schoolers or unschoolers sharing information about Project Gutenberg and Librivox. They are FREE!

Some of the people promoting home schooling do seem to be trying to turn it into businesses creating income streams for themselves .

umbrarchist

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 13, 2007
Another education collection:

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
@umbrarchist ... Thanks for sharing! You've spoken on education often, reading, etc.

If you could teach a class, what would the topic be?

I've imagined reading / science fiction, as you have mentioned it as well, but I don't really know.

Perhaps something more techy?

Yes, the technology is here, we can teach our own children. There should be some group effort, to give the babies a place to come and learn, from those that know. It seems sort of easy on the surface, but it can be a daunting task. In our early years here at destee, we had classes and there was an open invitation to anyone that wanted to teach, any topic, they could. So many years, so many challenges, so many changes, efforts come and go, but it is certainly very do-able. A lot easier now than in years past.

Yeah ... what would be the topic of your class, if you had one?

I wanna sign-up! :)

:heart:

Destee

Fine1952

The Age of Aquarius
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 27, 2005
Occupation
Employed
After attempting to discredit me for using the word "Eye" instead "I" and calling this conscious verbiage "n-o-n-s-e-n-s-e" .....Now you the third Destee member who is a B1 fan of Jason Black, too. How amazing, LOL

Posted in The Black Channel Is Live"
May 24, 2022
Page 5

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 3.33.19 PM.png

I have watched this video 3 times.

My mother says she taught me and my sister to read when we were 3 years old. I don't remember and my sister was 4 years older. But I do remember reading Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer, I think I was 4.

One thing about being a kid is whatever is going on around you is accepted as "normal" even if you don't like it. There is no other point of comparison. So my mother sent me to a Catholic elementary school but neither of my parents suggested any books to read all through grammar school. But when I started reading science fiction in 4th grade my mother called it "something crazy."

Did she trust the White Nuns to do appropriate "education?" Who decides what that is? Someone here said SF was written by white men. I knew that when I was 9 years old. But the nuns never said squat about science and technology. My sister told me that a nun said, "science and religion don't mix". The funny thing is I arranged for some computers to be donated to the school in the 90s. The company I was working for was upgrading and getting rid of the old ones. Do computers and religion mix?

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on I_AM_HER's profile.
Peace and Blessings Beloved! Welcome Home! :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
Please Ask God to bless me in finances and better circumstances. I'm trying to move forward with my life and a better career. I need prayer warriors out there to save a prayer for Clifford. I was staying with my folks during my time of studies