Black Entertainment : Black Hollywood Needed

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Mad Skillz, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
  2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683
    Brother Mad Skillz ... Happy New Year! ... :wave:

Why wait for ... anyone else ... when producing movies, documentaries, etc., is so within our own reach?

Have you seen destee.tv ... ?? ... it's no hollywood, but it's our own ... it's a start.

I think it's time out for expecting anyone else to deliver to us, what we need.

No, we may not be able to do it like they can, but we can do it.

I've never been to hollywood ... don't nunna them folk know me ... so why should i depend on them?

We gonna just wait for them? How long they been there? How long we been wait'n already?

Yes ... this is an invitation for you to consider hosting your own show on destee.tv ... :love:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

::::

ps ... Brother oldsoul does a show every Sunday @ 12 Noon ET - LIVE - ... join us @ desteelive.com to take part in the text too ... check him out ... see how easy he makes it look ... :wink:

::::

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    We would do ourselves a service by NOT REFERRING TO IT AS "BLACK HOLLYWOOD"

DUH

SMH

We have ENOUGH money out there to work on something, you mean to tell me tyler perry, queen latifah, oprah, jay z, diddy, will smith couldn't come up with something? magic johnson could provide the theaters.

Are they/we that scared or that programmed or have those i listed truly sold their souls already?

No need to answer. It's a rhetorical question.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683

Brother MS234 ... Happy New Year! ... :wave:

Why do we put off on others (those you named) ... to do for us ... what we can do for ourselves?

Why is it that they are scared, programmed, sold their souls ... instead of us?

How can you tell who has sold their soul ... when no one is doing anything?

Love You!

Destee

5. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    Happy New Year to you too. I'm not putting it off on anyone per se, I was just noting there are people out there with more than enough resources to do this. Enough where they can handle a loss, I personally can't handle a downfall, I know of many who couldn't handle the loss. $100,000 is nothing to them. SSShh Jay Z and Bey spent $100,000 in a club. In a CLUB!?!!?! So I'm quite sure he could handle a loss I couldn't. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/jay-z-beyonce-spend-100g-atlanta-club-article-1.1560429

I see your have rhetorical maybe it wasn't your intention but it sure played out like that.

Peace. Keep doing what you're doing. That's all that matters.

Enjoy your New Year.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683

To say someone else is more able than you ... you're putting it off on them ... instead of doing for self.

You've gone as far as to count their money. That's pretty deep, though you probably don't agree.

Imagine someone counting your money, telling you what you're better able to afford, than they.

For example ... let's say your neighborhood wants to build a playground for the children, and they've determined that you should foot the bill, because they've all noticed your kids with new bikes, and the improvements you've made on your home ... which must mean you have more money than them ... more able to afford the cost than anyone else ... so ... it's on you. How would that make you feel?

How serious could these people be about a playground, if their only plan is that you pay for it?

Rhetorical ?? ... i've not said anything rhetorically.

What do you think i said or asked that was meant to be rhetorical?

Destee

7. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    i get where you're going here destee, which I don't have issue with.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,683

Thanks Brother ... i don't mean to go in on you ... but i've seen this be the response so many times ... us talking about other folk's money ... counting it ... determining from our limited vantage point ... what someone else can or should be doing for us ... as we make no moves to do these things for ourselves. It would be different if any of our waiting on others produced the kind of results we could be happy and/or satisfied with, but that aint the case.

Those celebrities you mentioned, if they wanted to build us an online community that rivaled all we've ever seen before ... they wooda dun it. Instead, it's being done by a single black mother living in the projects. I kooda waited 16 years ago for someone more able than me, to build a respectful home for us on the Internet. Given that there aren't a whole bunch of peaceful, respectful places like ours, welcoming like ours, substantive like ours ... it's problee good that i didn't wait. I've often said, i'm the last person that should be doing this, using most any gauge known to man, but here i am.

We can't wait for others. We can't wait until everything is perfect and right, for if we do, it will never be.

Building on the playground analogy above, while the neighbors have counted your money ... determined you're more able than all of them ... the chances are great that their combined "little bit of money" will far exceed what they think you can do alone. So too is the case with celebrities and us, with our combined wealth probably exceeding theirs. But there is this mindset ... this conditioning ... to put off on others instead of doing for self. This way we get benefit with no sacrifice required. Going this route simultaneously relinquishes control, which is rarely mentioned when we're talking about what we can do with other folk's money.

Obviously this topic is close to my heart, and i thank you for sharing with me in it.

I've seen this thinking so often, and i'm hoping eventually we'll all recognize it for what it is, and let it go.

Nobody is going to do for us ... what we want, how we want ... if we aren't willing to do it ourselves.

Love You Brother!

Destee

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Honestly, most all I see is people saying "do for yourself, and stop waiting on others". And what does that achieve? Well, what I've seen is people go, "Since I put the work in, you get no part or say.".

Truthfully, what I see in MS234 isn't a put it off on others what we should be doing for "ourselves", because who is "ourselves"? Are those he mentioned not apart of "ourselves"?

What I see being said was, since they are often counted as apart of "ourselves", if they have, why aren't they doing more for "ourselves", but instead "doing for self", as you say, and only for self?

Because as many believe, they sold out, sold their soul, or are just selfish, greedy, or just couldn't give a d*mn.

Just my thoughts.

10. MS234

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    i didn't take it like that. I know where you where going with your statement and I didn't/don't have a problem with it.