Black People : Black Historians, Researchers, and Historical books Cannot be taken for Granted!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    We have endured a history of our history being blocked out or attempts to wipe it out, and the largest statue in the world, with it's nose like ours blown off by Napolean is evidence of that!

[​IMG]

Now in the Ipad age we are facing a very real possible future Farenhiet 451

, book baning book burning and attempts to censure the internet.

Many of our important books are winding out of print and many more are priced out of the range of the grassroots community, at a time when they need these books most and when wallets and pocketbooks are hurting them most !

therefore collective community purchase of African history books to create rotating libraries is one solution;

1 Through ones extended family
    2 Block association
    3 Or house of worship

And then proliferating this concept via social networks, like MLM, each five reach five

Also there is a real need to keep the WWW untamepred with by gov or corp, to try and destroy our heritage or hide it.
    Someo fhtese darn search engines hide a so much stuff that we need our own search engines for our info.

There is a need to fight for net neutrality.
    There are some brothers who are able to dig into the WWW like a leader digging and finding wells of water in the dessert for his people,
    and find life en-nobling data regarding our history and culture!

2. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    History is not always interesting, neither is work always interesting but it is necessary.

There are threads being posted regarding African history and ATRs and Kemetic faiths, well researched, as well as well referenced, that may not seem interesting on first glance,
    but later will be not only of great interest but of great value.
    Hopefully folks will not only read these threads
    but share them, keep them as favorites, a print them for the benefit of family and friends.
    There is so much of our history that is not commonly know and not easily accessed on the web, and as we know with the threats of ending net neutrality, it is a liberating act to save what others have taken the time to share.

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    The ca
    The caveat to this are posts that are not referenced, but are original opinions written by members

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    this is what I believe:

" Someo fhtese darn search engines hide a so much stuff that we need our own search engines for our info. "

5. blackisbeautiful

blackisbeautiful Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +77
    Exactly. I think that every day there should be a post featuring at least one book written by a black author that refers to the subjects mentioned in your thread. Of course, black empowerment books would also be welcome.

What do you all think? Would you like me to do that... would that be within the rules?

6. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    As long as it complies with copyright rules.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    Yeah you got that right, and that is why I have to give thanks to educators and researchers like Omowalijabali, to provide much that these darn search engines try to hide.

8. blackisbeautiful

Ratings:
    +77
    It would be a brief overview with a link to the book. I would try to do one a day.

9. blackisbeautiful

Ratings:
    +77
    Also, if members have experience with the book or they decide to buy it, then the thread could then be turned into a book discussion.

Of course, general thoughts on the topic at hand would also be okay.

10. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    There are Book review Blogs, and there are a lot of history books on the internet.

Personally, I do not approve. Books take a long time to read and books should not be freely available (in this economy).

I have come to learn that Black folk might need history, but folk knowing a lot of History ain't really changing much. Most of us put down Chancellor Williams at night to wake up for Mr. Jim Crow in the morning; just to shoot another one of us in the back. I just learned of the Omoro people and beside from maybe writing about them so that other folk can read about them, I can't do much else for them.

Black folk need to 'do something' besides sit around, read and talk.

The idea of a Black search engine is pretty good. And it can be done. That's readily available on the White man's search engine! Put in google: "How to make a search engine."