Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Black Hair Documentary: How the Koreans make millions and undercut Black Business

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by King Tubbs, Jul 26, 2006.

1. King Tubbs

King Tubbs Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +272
  2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
  3. twashing

twashing Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    VERY interesting 'King Tubbs', thanks for that link. I have an idea for linking in all levels of industry to our benefit. Ultimately, it begins with the capital. But consumer power is heavy as well.

At these Black Hair Extravaganzas, campaign to Black people and give detailed lists of Black owned
    - manufacturers
    - distributors
    - etc

For strategic business news, and press like this documentary, that's a bit trickier. In Toronto, there used to be the "Black Pages", which listed all the Black owned business in the city. In NYC, there's Amsterdam News and Black Star Press, but that's not really strategic business news that you can use to reference hair distributors, dentists, etc.

Also, the most important one is strategic capital building. I'm sure there are Black owned and operated Pan-African capital teams, but I just haven't heard of any. A lot of us here could be be at the front of something like this.

Tim

4. blkgal83

blkgal83 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    This is an outstanding view into the world of Black haircare business. It really enlighted me. It should to viewed by every Black consumer in America.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    welcome to the forum, blkgal83.

i remember back in the day black people used to be able to grow their own hair: see angela davis.......

6. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    Problem: Buying hair products from Koreans

Solution: Going natural using your own oils.

Unfortunately, going natural will put a lot of Black Stylist out of Business, we also need to get into the nail, feet, massage, eyebrow business. We need to kiss these koreans goodbye, once and for all.

There use to be a symbol on Black hair products of a Black woman with long locks flowing off her shoulders. I have not been in a beauty supply place for a while so I don't know if these products still exists.

Does anyone know what Black products are out there now and if that symbol still exists? I would like to share it with my people.

Thank you.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    so true , so true .......they have cornered the market for years
    knocking black out of business and pullin them in to buy and making millions