Black People : Black Hair Care/ A Road to Success and Self Suficiency in a Racist Environment

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
The Black Beauty Parlor and Black Barber Shop has been fo over 150 years the one industry that we can call our own and keep the dollars within our community, as wel as an importnat social institution(the Original Black Social Network) that has been of value to every Black political movement and oganization, from the SCLC to the Black Panther Party for Self Defense

Our history is full of stories of those who have sarted in Black hair care and have become successful, and mindful to give back and share thier success with the comunity;

Here are 2;
Madame CJ Walker
I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations….I have built my own factory on my own ground.” Madam Walker, National Negro Business League Convention, July 1912
http://www.madamcjwalker.com/

Dudley Products
Dudley was born in Aurora, North Carolina, the fifth of 10 children.[1] When he was in the first grade, he was mistakenly labeled as being mentally retarded because of a speech impediment. He was twice held back by the time he reached the eleventh grade.[2] However, Dudley persevered in his education, eventually gaining a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University in Greensboro, North Carolina.
In 1957, Dudley was living in Brooklyn, New York. He invested $10 in a Fuller Products sales kit in 1957,[3] and began selling hair care products door to door in African American neighborhoods. As of December 2003, with annual revenues of $30 million, the company offers 400 hair and skin care products. It also operates the Dudley Cosmetology University, with locations in North Carolina and two schools in Zimbabwe.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Dudley

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back