destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

Are there any Black Global Entities being funded primarily by Blacks?

If you know of any, please tell us about them.

How large are they? How old are they?

How many Black folk are involved?

How many Black folk do they impact?

Thanks in advance for sharing.

:heart:

Destee

Thanks for responding Brother MANASIAC. I mean any business, organization, club, community, etc., that has attained global participation of Blacks, and is primarily supported by Blacks.

If you know of a hot dog stand, or a man waving a flag, that would qualify, please list them.

For example, what comes to mind is the NOI, but i don't think they'd qualify because they are primarily within the United States (if no mistake).

Hope this helps. Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

Great Question Destee (especially since it falls under PanAfricanism)

Of the top of my head I would say the African Methodist Episcopal Church, which is in the US & Africa (South Africa). This organization was founded by Richard Allen in the late 1700s, and is the most powerful black church in the world.

Another organization would be the Prince Hall FreeMasons, which is in the US, Africa (Liberia at least), and Europe. This Africa branch off from the FreeMasons was founded by Prince Hall (varying accounts list him as a free black...others as a freed slave) in the late 1700 or early 1800s. To say this is a powerful organization would be an understatement.

Although no longer in existence, Marcus Garvey's BlackStarLine was also in the US, Africa, and Caribbean.

These are but a few, I will think of more later.

This morning as I was getting ready for work I had the television on and there was this program being aired titled "Two Dollars". It was about the empire that Mme. C. J. Walker built during the pre and post depression era. I didn't get the chance to see it all but I found it extremely interesting in terms of what the corporation was able to accomplish in such a short span of time. What also amazed me was the diversification of products and services that the Walker company provided and jobs she created for Black people. What she and her company were able to do was unheard of for any Black person, much less a Black woman during that time--early 1900s. She died in 1919 at the age of 52 but her company survived and managed to continue growing. That's when I had to leave.

Does anyone know what happened to the company and the rest of the story?

You know, I was reflecting on Destee's question and it struck me that I haven't heard of any such global entities primarily financed by Blacks. And would this be the type of entities that are among the so called Fortune 500 corporations? And if there are some, why aren't they as widely known as many of them, i.e., Microsoft, Dell, etc.? This question makes you scratch your head wondering why this is!

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back