REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2001
Michigan
Occupation
Teacher
BLACK GENESIS: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt

By Robert Bauval

Book Review by Andre Austin

Ever since the Egyptian hieroglyphics have been decoded in 1822 racism about the terms & definitions of people places and events have flooded in.

The Misnomer: Egypt isn’t Egypt. The people of Egypt didn’t call themselves Egyptians but Kemiu (Kemet/Ham).

Bauval went on to say “The ancient Egyptians viewed themselves as the Rmt-en-Km-t, which Egyptologists usually translate as People of the Black Land, because, they say, the ancient Egyptians were not referring to themselves but rather to the color of the alluvial soil of the Nile Valley, which has a dark, almost black tint. Diop argues, however, that it makes far more sense to translate this term as Land of the Black People. Indeed, Km-T is perhaps the origin of the Biblical name Ham (hence Hamite), which also means “Black”. The H and K in the Semitic dialects are often mingled to create the guttural (Phoenitic sounding), KH. Thus the Hebrew Kh-am may be derivative of the earlier Egyptian Kh-em. This would certainly explain why in the bible, Egypt is often called the land of Ham or Khem” (p.174).

The Bible refers to the Egypt people and land as Ham.

Anthony T. Browder also states “The word KMT or Kemet means the country of the blacks or the land of the blacks and not the black soil as some have suggested” (The Nile Valley contributions to Civilization p.52). Plutarch in his essay Isis and Osiris does precisely what Browder says about the black soil but Plutarch applies it in conjunction with people. Take note:

Plutarch, in his essay Isis & Osiris p.83:

“Egypt, moreover, which has the blackest of soils, they call by the same name as the black portion of the eye, ‘Chemia (Ham), and compare it to a heart; for it is warm and moist,… like the heart in a man’s left side”.

When the stoics influenced the Christians writers we come to terms with “Lukewarm” (Luke/Look) the condition you are supposed to be in far away from a Hot-Heart or Cold-Heart. Satan’s nature is a desert and is opposed to Holy warm moisture (Tefnut) and can’t swallow righteousness so he has to spit it out. Satan can’t eat from the tree of right/wrong (maat) either, but we can and we will live off of it in heaven.

Just be yourself be black, stay black in righteousness and you will go to heaven. You can read about this more in my two books Poor Dre’s Almanac & Lukewarm: the temperature of Justice.

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_9_8?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lukewarm+the+temperature+of+justice&sprefix=Lukewarm%2Caps%2C429

I can trace my african roots back to back to old Benin:

And my concerns are about the ongoing issues related to Nigeria in general...

Some day i will do a DNA to find out what parts in Africa I came from.
I might also find some native roots.

I'm a guest columnist and been a member since 2001. I do movie/book reviews all the time and answer Q's for all comers.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back