Black Entertainment : Black Folks and Techno

MANASIAC

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 10, 2004
ATL SHAWTY! Mr. Coli Park
Occupation
Technical Analyst
HEy Yall was happenin.

I just wanted to let yall folks know that Black Folks created Techno.

Alot of us should support this genre of music, because we started it, I be getting clowned and thangs, but I am happy to be a listner of Techno. It was for us and by us:

http://www.techno.de/mixmag/interviews/DerrickMay1.html

Derrick May, Juan Atkins and dem was the forefathers,

Peace,

Manasiac :uzi:

...yea Manasiac, I'm feeling you on this one...I'm not really into techno, but I do listen to ALOT of electronic genre/influenced music....and you'd be amazed at the impact that those two brothers alone had on the world music scene....also, look at the Afro-Brits and their innovations of Jungle/Drum-n-Bass music and its offshoots.

...but yea, blacks are indeed at the roots of Techno and various other electronic genre music....but I think we shy away from them because of the assumed connotations of them being "crazy white folk" music (now some may be a little "out there", but depending on the artist, it can also be very soulful and passionate).......and believe it or not, this wide genre of music has influenced in today's Soul music.

That's a good point. Over here (UK) we call it House music. That soul/jazz/funk influenced music that's so popular with white people.

I wish more black people would admit that they like the music. Just because it's mainstream with white people at the moment they refuse to acknowledge the greatness of the genre. I'm so tired of being the only black girl in the club and people looking at ME like a I shouldn't be there.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back