Black Money Business Jobs : Black Financial empowerment

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Knowledge Seed, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Individually and collectively, how can we generate wealth for ourselves right now? I know there are thousands of stocks and Mutual Funds to invest in, but what which ones should we be choosing? Many of us want to start our own business, but don't have the finances to do so.

How do those people go about acquiring grants? Sure they can go to a big white-owned company like the National Grants Conference, but I'm sure there are Black people right here on destee who could give them the same information for free.

There are people who want to buy themselves a house, but the interest rate on the Bank loans are too high. How can they about acquiring Forgivable Loans, Deferred Loans, or even Subsidies?

These are things we should be looking into. It is my hope, that this thread will serve as a catalyst for the sharing of such information.

2. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Yall mean to tell me that yall can argue over silly ideologies about who has the solution to Black people's, but can't add on to this thread?

3. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    AWWW HELL.. Integration

This is a good thread Knowledge Seed. I almost missed it.

But you are right, we do seem to be a little light on the "solutions" side of things.

But I believe that if we take would network, that we could solve all of the problems that you mention.

There are Black money managers, healers, loan givers, investment givers and anything you can think of out there. And there are Black people who need their services, but don't know where to find them. So Black folks stay sick and broke, while Black healers and financial advisors go out of bid-ness.

We are divided and too busy integrating to help ourselves! All we need to do is come together... which is easy, but apparently hard.

We have some resources right here on Destee.com to do a lot of this but people don't get involved. People who have some-um should be puttin it out there and those that need some-um should specifically be seeking out other Black Folk to help them.

That is the answer.

4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    True indeed!

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Knowledge Seed,

Use of the above high-light frightens me. Though there are free things, often, not every time, they have little value to the recipient since no investment was made. It also points to the black problem, not buying from our people. Nothing happens without a sale, a sale constitutes revenue, revenue is capital, and capital makes things happen. To drive this point home, as a published author, when I reach high volume sales, it is my intent to aid and assist, not only Destee.com, but my people with the capital needed for the many reasons you have outlined, its called, philanthropy.

Presently, we are engaged in such a mission, right here at Destee.com. I’m privy of a solicitation that seeks your involvement with us, that would be wonderful, if you decide to. Without capital, we as blacks are powerless, as you have so duly noted in this thread. So, in my view, rather than something free, lets spend our capital with our Family, and create a circular flow of capital to be available for black entrepreneurs. It is the intent of Group Think to provide such a vehicle. There is no better place to start than Destee.com, and let it trickle down to our people within our personal/local communities. Finally, America is still the fall before Rome, meaning the economy is plummeting, and that we, as blacks, must come together.

6. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    For most, the challenge for individuals to build wealth is the initial investment required to get started.

We don't have enough unity or a clear common objective to build collective wealth at this time so all we can really do at this point is focus on ourselves.

If we get out of the mindset that we have to build some big business or make some large investment to build wealth, that will be very helpful. By controlling what we spend our existing money on (Appreciating assets rather than depreciating assets) and looking for small, affordable investments we can begin the process.

I started real estate investments by purchasing old used mobile homes in existing mobile home parks. I would pay no more than $2,500 cash for them then owner finance them to someone creating a win-win situation for all involved. I had several of these and they were VERY profitable.

The first step in building wealth is to stop wasting the resources it takes to build wealth with. It takes money to make money. If we waste our money on materialistic things that loose value rather than gain value, we are digging a hole for ourselves.

The last time I borrowed money was 1996. I paid that loan off in 2000 and have not borrowed since. I still own and drive the 1996 truck that I purchased with that loan. I have a couple of newer vehicles but I paid cash for them. When paying cash, you have much more bargaining power.

While it takes money to make money, I don't believe in the "other peoples money" theory. Because when you borrow OPM, you have to pay back, with interest. So, with business investments, I have found that I am more conservative in my investments when dealing with MY OWN MONEY. I am not as willing to take risk that are not well thougth out.

I have told people for years that we where going to have an economic crisis and that those who are in debt are going to be the ones who suffer first and most.

This may not work for most, unless you live in a rural area as I do, but I try to be self sufficient. I raise cows and am starting a garden. Cows are a good investment and you can EAT THEM.

Something I have always wondered, and perhaps someone can give insight, but why do asian and white businesses thrive in black neighborhoods? Why don't a black business man open a store next door and capture all fo the business? I don't know the answer to this, but I have always wondered about it.

7. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8

Good point, Clyde. Many of us do expect something for nothing from our own, but realize we have to spend when dealing with white businesses.

Also, are any of you familiar with this black business group. I am not affiliated with them but they seem to be EXTREMELY active and very business savvy. They may be on to something.....not sure:
    http://www.tagteammarketing.com/

8. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Thanks for the info on Mobile Homes. I hadn't thought about that.

I think Asian and White businesses thrive in the Black community because we have been conditioned to be less trusting of our own and more trusting of others.

9. excel10k

excel10k Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    There several good books on the subject, search mobile home investing on Amazon. There is one in particular I used and it was great. It gives a step by step plan on how to start small and how to structure your deals so that it is profitable and simple enough for anyone to do. It works.

10. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Can you list the name of that book?