Black People : Black Feminine Women - Black Masculine Men

Well ... i've never got too caught up in the term, black feminist, or its definition, etc., though i've seen quite a few debates regarding the topic over the years. I've never been inclined to get seriously involved with them.

Even now, my doing so, is from a whole different perspective than most.

It seems logical to me, that a word whose root is fem, feminine, female, etc., would mean relatively the same. Yet, as you've suggested, that is not how you (and perhaps many) view it. I don't know how yall (you and the so called feminists) got drug down the path you're on, but you seem way off track to me.

Yes-- I understand the connection..

Feminism, Feminine, feline, female-- based on the word structure these words should all be related.

but going by that concept Chicken and Chickpea should be related too. But it is not. so should buffalo (animal) and the buffalo wing (chicken wing in actuality) but they are not.

Feminism is just as what the brother up above Jamesfromphilly posted from wikipedia.

You're wanting to call Sisters a name ... a word ... that you think little of, yet you can't succinctly define it. Or can you?

I went into it a bit more deeply on the other thread-- but to spare paragraphs-- what was posted in the Wiki link, is pretty much right on target.

Again i ask ... how do you distinguish the Sisters that are Feminine and Black, from those that are the "Enemy Black Feminists" that you abhor?

A sister is or at least SHOULD be feminine by nature. so there would be no need for a title such as "feminist" to declare what she already, or at least SHOULD already embodies.

A feminist is a political ideology.

You've come into a community where Black Sisters live, most of whom are feminine, talking about Black Feminists. Are you talking about us?

no

Out of respect for your obvious desire that we, black people, treat each other properly ... i'd think you'd have built in some safety mechanism ... so that you don't do more damage to us collectively, by offending and diminishing great groups of Black Feminine Sisters that are not the "Enemy Black Feminists" you are attacking.

So ... how do you tell one Sister from the other?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Tell apart as far as on what basis?

feminists the political ideology? or women being feminine?

well with the latter no one can really tell as communication over the internet is only succumb to letters and words, and no other gauge of one's persona can readily be identified.

As far as the former-- within the black American community it can be manifested in a huge number of ways.

if black women were not suffering oppression from some black men there would be no way for the feminist to gain traction would there?

Black people--in general-- on this continent have suffered "oppression" from day one.

It is only been as of recent that half of our community body has decided to split hairs in analyzing which one of us has it harder and may just be more oppressed in a perpetual cycle of non-stop divisiveness.

black men are nothing but the latest scape-goats used for this is all.

Okay Sister ... thank you ... :)

I didn't read the whole article you linked, but I read enough to make me know, I was not impressed with the author's thoughts. I got the clear distinction that they are white, though I could be wrong. They talked about the ************* of the western male, which doesn't speak pointedly enough to the Black Male, for me. I'd not apply the stuff they were saying, to Black Men.

To refer to a Brother using any form of the word "pussi" ... is a direct insult and can only kill any hope for meaningful dialogue ... i'd think.

I don't know Sister. If when you and your friends are talking about a Brother that complains a lot, why not just say that ... that he complains a lot ... instead of taking it to a low down dirty place, to which there would probably be no return, if he heard yall talking about him like that.

iono ...

Thanks for explaining moe betta for me doe! :D

Love You! :grouphug:

Destee

I'll say it to his face...you whine and act like a baby I'ma straight up tell you if you persist

:qqb003:Brothers with Self esteem, issues, have a fear or hatred of black feminism as well as Sapho black women

ooohh those lesbian sistas gonna take all our womens:SuN024:

NOT!!!

black Feminism aint got a darn thing to do with Gloria Stenheim or the CIA

in fact Black feminism is an important movement to bring to the for,

1 The abharant behavior of some of us men to our women, who are doubly opressed by a white patriarchal society

A. Internationaly;
a. by exposing to the media and black community the rampant rape going on in the Congo, and working with womens groups there and providing support and services

b. by exposing the hel going on in Haiti, were a woman cannot even drop her clothing to take care of the call of nature, in the morning or evening,
in a latrine or wherever, without being raped or attacked
and working with womens groups there and providing aifd and support

2 As well as being on the forefront of many ecological and agrarian issues where women in farming areas have seen thier entire families disenfranchised and thier husbands murdered, beate or driven mad or to suicide, by illegal land grbs n Africa and India

Not all Black femisits are Sapho, but some are, and here is an exerpt of thier history; from WIKI

The short-lived National Black Feminist Organization was founded in 1973 in New York by Margaret Sloan-Hunter and others.

Two years later, Barbara Smith, Beverly Smith, Cheryl L. Clarke, Gloria Akasha Hull,
and other female activists tied to the civil rights movement, Black Nationalism or the Black Panther Party established,
as an off-shoot of the National Black Feminist Organization, the Combahee River Collective,
a radical lesbian feminist group.

Their founding text referred to important female figures of the abolitionist movement,
such as Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman, Frances E. W. Harper, Ida B. Welles Barnett and Mary Church Terrell, president of the National Association of Colored Women founded in 1896.

The Combahee River Collective opposed the practice of lesbian separatism, considering that, in practice,
Separatists focused exclusively on sexist oppression and not on others oppression (race, class, etc.)[
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_feminism

Yes-- I understand the connection..

Feminism, Feminine, feline, female-- based on the word structure these words should all be related.

but going by that concept Chicken and Chickpea should be related too. But it is not. so should buffalo (animal) and the buffalo wing (chicken wing in actuality) but they are not.

Feminism is just as what the brother up above Jamesfromphilly posted from wikipedia.

I went into it a bit more deeply on the other thread-- but to spare paragraphs-- what was posted in the Wiki link, is pretty much right on target.

A sister is or at least SHOULD be feminine by nature. so there would be no need for a title such as "feminist" to declare what she already, or at least SHOULD already embodies.

A feminist is a political ideology.

no

Tell apart as far as on what basis?

feminists the political ideology? or women being feminine?

well with the latter no one can really tell as communication over the internet is only succumb to letters and words, and no other gauge of one's persona can readily be identified.

As far as the former-- within the black American community it can be manifested in a huge number of ways.

Okay ... i'll try to focus my thoughts in a political way ... so we can discuss this from your point of view.

I find it interesting that i (a female) have no point of reference for this political feminist ideology, yet you being masculine (?) have many.

Why do you think that is? Does the feminist movement target men or women? Did they do something specific to you?

What exactly are you claiming that the Black Feminist is responsible for, as it relates to the demise of you or our people?

I think that will help me better understand your disdain for these Black People, and increase my ability to recognize one when i see one.

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back