Black People : Black Farmers Eye Next Move

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Apr 2, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Black farmers eye next move in bias lawsuit

Jasmin Melvin
    WASHINGTON
    Thu Apr 1, 2010 5:46pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Black farmers engaged in a discrimination suit against the U.S. government will give Congress more time to approve funds to compensate them for years of mistreatment but they have not set any hard deadlines, an advocate for the group said on Thursday.
    If the process drags on too long, the farmers could decide to take the case to court or go back to the negotiating table to hash out a new settlement as they originally sought $2.5 billion.

"We will remain engaged in the process as long as we see progress on the Hill," John Boyd Jr., head of the National Black Farmers Association, told reporters.

Congress missed a March 31 deadline to appropriate $1.15 billion in funds to uphold one of the largest civil rights settlements in history.

The deal reached in the case known as Pigford II would compensate black farmers left out of federal farm loan and assistance programs for decades due to racism.

Even though heralded by the Obama administration as a milestone in correcting past wrongs, the settlement announced in February remains on shaky grounds with no money to complete the deal.

"Black farmers have the option of walking away from the settlement at any time during the next 60 days if the $1.15 billion is not appropriated by Congress," Boyd said. READ MORE

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Is the money that they're asking for a grant or a loan?

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
  4. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
  5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    They and if win the lawsuit they will pay handsomly for the use of that money ...is it worth it
    and will they ever give these black farmers what they have coming

6. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    That doesn't mean don't keep up the fight. Just sue to have the racist interest removed next. We can't speak down on small victories like these. Land ownership is vital in being truly independent. So what! i owe the gov a lil money, at some point it'll be paid off and the future gens will inherit it. Its called perserverence, many of us lack it, lets be real. We will find a reason to not fight and just lay in the gutter complainin like women married to men with 3 in willies. Don't surrender to complain, fight on and stop naggin.----------There is an area here in the southern country called the "corn field". It has a few black businesses, a gas station, pool hall, small retirement home, and a club called Yogi's w/ country girls so thick many New Yorkers couldn't go back home after they got it put down on them by a Lousiana girl with a 60 in waste. All curve, no flab, lolz=p. "Daaaamn son!, only 1 in 20 chicks in the Bronx look like that. Here its just the opposite, all girls are big and thick and only a few are skinny. Chicks back home gotta eat. Yall some giants down here son". I tell him it's the grease my brother , give all credit to the almighty frying pan.-------- The whole area is only black neighborhoods now, no corn at all. Its about 300 acres and totally owned by a black clan known as the Haley clan who's great grandad won it in a not at all publicised suit against the land owner in 1928. Thats was hard to do back then but just like Amistad, he manage to win by fighting on when others told him to stop with the madness before he gets a lot of blacks killed. He had to regrow and rebuild everything as the family of the former owners came and tourched everything after they lost it. 5 yrs later, they tourched it again but it never happen after that as he moved many of his relatives and community members onto the land to share. They had guns+ ww2 broke out and the bigots had to go fight their German buddies. What an irony huh? Hating on blacks only to have to go die against their own supremist bro. Adolph. Many whites never came home. But overall thats black cooperation and perserverance at its best, a total victory.

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Since you say that interest is "racist," we can reasonably assume that you've gotten a loan from a black bank. Am I correct?

Truly independent people wouldn't depend on government money to acquire that land.

Perseverance would be not caring whether the government gave them the money or not. They'd find a way to get the funds they needed.

And your point is?

You could have kept this story

8. HyperKill

HyperKill Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +319
    Like I said, we will make a zillion reasons to stay in conflict with one another and constantly disagree than free ourselves. I may be wrong but at times I tend to think whites infiltrate sites like this and stir stuff up. Blacks with views like these are th reason for stagnation and idleness of the last 40 yrs or so. Who would down a large land victory but the burners of the lost land and the negroes too accustom to sittin, bowin ,and laying down. I'm outta this thread potential white boy, no peace, just burn.:whip:

9. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    I'm not white so save that fantasy.

The "idleness" and the "sittin, bowin and, laying down" that you are referring to is exactly what those farmers who are waiting for government loans are doing.

Cool, but I'm not white.

Is that a threat?

10. Workinprocess

Workinprocess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +223

Your logic here doesn't make any sense, maybe on the surface it does, but below the surface, it doesn't.:10500:

It is not black people in America who created the banking systems, however, historically and presently, it is and was black people who were used as chattel, to finance the banking systems here in America and pretty much the same goes for the banks in Europe as well. They (black people) were never paid for their hundreds of years in labor so asking to get a loan that doesn't require interest, is not unreasonable and it does not make the black person asking for the loan any more or less dependent, or co dependent.

Truly independent people? What is your idea of truly independent? Here in America, black people don't even own the machines that make the monopoly money that they work hard for, so how could they ever have a chance at true dependency here in America? Truly independent people would not have to depend on anything. That makes Americans, and America the land of dependents. You see, America would not be as wealthy as she is if it was not for the exploitation of outsiders, as well as the exploitation of the Natives.

And how would you suggest they find the funds in an "truly" independent fashion? Please, I am all ears and I am looking forward to your suggestions on this matter.

W.I.P
    :whip: