Black People Politics : Black Exodus: Why Are So Many African-Americans Leaving The RNC?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Liberty, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,214
    [​IMG]

Was it the right time for a number of Black staffers to leave the RNC, or was there something else prompting them?

In the last couple of months, the Republican National Committee has lost a number of Black staffers in what many are calling a massive exit.

Last week, the National Director of African-American Outreach who was responsible for strategy around the African-American vote, Kristal Quarker-Hartsfield, left. She was also the highest ranking African-American at the RNC.

Hartsfield was one of two big departures the Republican National Committee has encountered in just the past few weeks. A month earlier, Orlando Watson, the RNC’s Communications Director of Black Media left, prior to that Journalist, Filmmaker and Media Strategist, Tara Wall. Former RNC deputy press secretary Raffi Williams took flight as well.

Read More

http://newsone.com/3404251/black-exodus-why-are-so-many-african-americans-leaving-the-rnc/

2. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    l
    Could be that there conscious is getting the better of them or maybe they see something unfolding that they are not comfortable with...Both are just mere speculation so unless someone poses that question to them directly and they answer truthfully, we'll never know...

3. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +189
    I think Blacks associated with the Repubs are seeing the hate first hand. Black people should leave the Dem party as well. If we all registered as Independent or Unaffiliated voter. That would send a powerful message. Nothing seems to be changing so lets do something different. They say madness is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Jill_Stein.htm

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    if we all registered as independent we would not be able to vote in many primaries.......

5. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +189
    That depends on where you are located and will force Black people to become more educated on the voting system. I live in California and I just ask for a cross over ballot like I did this year.

6. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    True, Senegal, the cross over ballot was a huge issue during the June primary in Cali. People had to ASK for one at the polls, otherwise the poll volunteers were told not to mention it. I thought Florida's elections were messed up, but looks like Cali gets down and dirty too.

If Jill Stein's name is on the ballot in Michigan, which I every reason to believe it will be, regardless of your registered party affiliation, you can vote for her if you want to. I voted Green Party once. Can't remember for who though. Wonder if it was for Jessie Jackson when he ran...really can't recall.