Black People : Black Endeavors Financially Supported By Blacks

SAMURAI36 said:
I was going to also name the NOI, but it's important to name the NOI in all it's facets and incarnations.

HEBREW ISRAELITES

AUSAR AUSET SOCIETY

SEMA INSTITUTE

BANDELE CORPORATION

and, believe it or not, BLACK CHURCHES.

I would also like to remind us all of the fact, that not all support is in the form of financial or economic.

And just because the support given is not monetary, does not mean that it is any less significant.

That goes for any/all the orgs listed thus far, as well as this one.

PEACE

Very true, Sam. The spiritual contributions (or any other type) of contribution cannot be ignored.

Even within these institutions there has been some monetary support on some level by its memberships through donations and tithes (speaking from my experiences when I was a Christian). The pastor contributed to progress further by building mom and pops including a school and an outreach center.

karmashines said:
Very true, Sam. The spiritual contributions (or any other type) of contribution cannot be ignored.

Even within these institutions there has been some monetary support on some level by its memberships through donations and tithes (speaking from my experiences when I was a Christian). The pastor contributed to progress further by building mom and pops including a school and an outreach center.

True indeed, but I wasn't even talking about the spiritual, or otherwise intangible in this instance.

I was speaking strictly about the monetary. These orgs that I named would even exsist without the financial contributions that the members make.

karmashines said:
I am including a list of HBCUs. The list has been shortened because showing all of it makes the post too long.

Sister Karmashines ... thanks for responding. Are HBCUs owned by Black People?

We were talking about this in chat today. I think it would really be a great thread all by itself. From what i understand, they are not owned by Black People, but if you know more or different, i'd love to hear about it.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back