$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
Is there hope ..............I say yes !
Much of the black economy in black communities is like "digging holes and filling them." One digs a hole during the day and another fills it up at night. The next day, there is zero output but two salaries are paid with speed money that is none factor to the community in whole , this what we become as we look for outlets and other ways of benefits, without each other we will continue failure to grow our own economy securities.

Some people argue that the black economy also generates jobs and production. For instance, they argue that a lot of goods are bought in the market using black incomes, and that leads to increase in production and employment. They argue that the black economy generates informal sector employment and helps the poor. Some go to the extent of arguing that we have escaped the worst effects of the global recession in 2008, and the economy only slowed down, because a large amount of black money was floating around — which generated additional demand. Some justify bribes as "speed money" that enables work to be done faster. There is some truth in all this. Yet, it can be shown that the ill-effects of the black economy far outweigh its beneficial effects.
Our Money now need to be put in use to our betterment in our communities to buy / rebuild / and restore to bring inner jobs for our own security.

here's something by Marcellus we should know and read
images

The Political Economy of Hope and Fear:

Capitalism and the Black Condition in America

Popular liberal writing on race has relied on appeals to the value of "diversity" and the fading memory of the Civil Rights movement to counter the aggressive conservative assault on liberal racial reform generally, and on black well-being, in particular. Yet appeals to fairness and justice, no matter how heartfelt, are bound to fail, Marcellus Andrews argue. since the economic foundations of the Civil Rights movement have been destroyed by the combined forces of globalization, technology, and tight government budgets. The Political Economy of Hope and Fearfills an important intellectual gap in writing on race by developing a hard-nosed economic analysis of the links between competitive capitalism, racial hostility, and persistent racial inequality in post-Civil Rights America. Andrews speaks to the anger and frustration that blacks feel in the face of the nation's abandonment of racial equality as a worthy objective by showing how the considerable difficulties that black Americans face are related to fundamental changes in the economic fortunes of the U.S. The Political Economy of Hope and Fearis an economist's plea for unsentimental thinking on matters of race to replace the mixture of liberal hand wringing and conservative mythmaking that currently passes for serious analysis about the nation's racial predicament.

Good book to pick up as a guide to our betterment and become more collective.

sis there are alot of black owned small businesses they are just not publicized and it is a small percentage :) they are there.

You're not understanding...

Our own currency

Our own education system

Our own government

Our own (not one white person involved) financial system...

THIS IS AN ECONOMY THAT WE DO NOT HAVE AT ALL....We are dependent on whites.

Africa is it owned by whites too? I'm not being sarcastic here but they are black, they have their on currency, schools etc. there are some good schools there I have heard like Kings College and maybe others I don't know of. Yes there are a lot of problems but no society is without them. America looks like they got it together but only Americans know how apart we really are and the way our country tries to deep cover. Africa= African American all the same.

When i was walking to school one morning it was my first experience of racism, an old woman told me as I walked by her why don't you go back where you came from, go back to Africa. I stopped in my tracks an just looked at her. I couldn't understand why people had such hearts. It hurt, and now that I'm realizing who I really am and what my history is Id like to say to her you know what that's not a bad idea....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back