Black People : black cop

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cypher, Aug 6, 2003.

1. cypher

cypher Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not quite sure how to pose this question but i will try anyhow...what do you think of black and minority cops trying to fit in with other cops, especially considering all of the police brutality that goes on in our communities? Right now it has me burning up inside, so please enlighten me with your thoughts.....

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    we have so many cops african american who also beat their own
    for one they will never fit in or be messured to white cops
    this why so many white cops can come into our community and
    flash dis brutality with black cops backing them
    i too burns when i see this ..........their is a line but the question
    is where and how do we stop this hate crime by cops
    our own need to surepass the facts of match making and up hold the law that's twisted
    COPS ................just a new name for the KKK with added color

3. yaphet al-wynn

yaphet al-wynn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey, they could be suffering from the 'Serpico' syndrome. You are a honest cop and you report the wrong doing of your fellow officer and nothing is done and you need the backup of those same rotten cops while your life is on the line on the streets. Yes they will look the other way to get the back up. Frank Serpico ALMOST lost his life on the street when those same rotten cops he reported on, did not back him up in a tense situation.

4. Royal_T

Royal_T Well-Known Member MEMBER

LAW ENFORCEMENT SOMETHING!?!
    Ratings:
    +13
    THE GAME...Play or watch?

Wow, the Serpico syndrome. Interesting. It definitely happens on an everyday basis. Officers taking their time to respond. I work at police station and I just saw my latin cops choke up a family member in the lock up bay. I feel like killin' somebody. It is a tough situation, but you don't have to join what's bad. Deal with situations in your way and let others cops deal with their dog mess another way. I say we need more leaders as cops, so when rookies come in...teach them the right way. That's just me...I think we can change it, but standing on the sidelines won't change the game. And injustice shouldn't be a spectator sport.

5. cypher

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah i dig the serpico aspect, it certainly is valid however thru my experiences i see no more assistance given to black cops by their white peers than i see those same white cops truly trying to make a difference in our communities(or at least doing their jobs)as for me i must take a quote from my sis royal t 'Deal with situations in your way' , my affect on this situation will not be from within the system but hopefully opening the eyes that don't see what is really happening, exposing the truth thru my own personal expression is my goal and that should not make me a spectator but a motivator...i wanna be free...

6. im_the_truth

im_the_truth Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    First check out some of the Black Panthers writings about the Pigs aka C.O.P.S. (Community Oppressors Posed as Servants) and check out writings on Neo-Colonialism

When you talk about the cop (pigs), you must understand they directives and there chain of command, then you can fully understand why race is meanless as it relates to black pigs. If your job is to follow orders (not to protect and serve) then you will follow orders if you want to keep you job (ex. Colin Powell). A black cop knows about drugs in our community but his/she does nothing about it, WHY, that is not there job to clean up the community nor is it to protect the community. There job, so it seems, is to arrest brothas/sistas who are small-time distributors and users. Now blacks only user about %12 of the drugs in America. So why are the majority of brothas/sistas in jail because of drugs and drugs related homicides and robberys and firearm charges? Well, so it seems, it is the cops (white, black, etc) job, under specific orders, to detain blacks for drugs and not to go after the source of the problem, the has be done for about 40 years now and is still continuing. These random stops by pigs aka the cop are just a continues for the drugs that they (they being cops, all branches of gov., banks, forbes 100) bring in. There is a public policy to arrest and jail blacks in America. Black cops is just an extension of neo-colonialism.

7. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Black cops are like black slave overseers who would beat their own people whenever 'massa' tells them to.

8. cypher

Ratings:
    +1
    alright now, while i reall appreciate the responses, i must add that this certainly is not the case with all black/minority cops. i happen to have a few friends who are cops and while they may not be totally comitted to the war on crime they do care about what goes on in the black community. They are in a difficult position when they want to do more yet they are hindered by the systems structure. It is possible to make changes from within the system, but you have to beware of all the temptaions that are thrown your way. It takes a strong individual to take on this job with the right intentions, lets not forget that. It just disgusts me when i see black/minority cops who have fallen victim to that power struggle and have allowed their motives to betray them.

9. im_the_truth

im_the_truth Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I know this may be hard, but it's not about a cop being good or bad. All c.o.p.s (community oppression patrol service) hurt the black community!

It's like being a bird catching and trying help birds. It's impossible. The cops are like the bird catching locking up the birds/blacks for trying to live. I say this because most blacks are in jail or on parole because of drugs or drugs-relate crimes.

10. cypher

Ratings:
    +1
    ok truth i hear ya but i think the system is what opresses the black community and regardless of that system we all should know right from wrong....i come from the west side of chicago and while i may not be innocent i certainly have chosen not to live a life of crime regardless of the powers that be trying to hold me down....black cops can be good for the black community if they make efforts to show respect for the people they should be serving and protecting