destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Black Cop Killed by White Cop

An off-duty rookie cop chasing a suspected car thief in East Harlem with his gun drawn was shot and killed Thursday night when an officer mistook him for a criminal.

"Police! Stop! Drop it!" cops from the 25th Precinct shouted at Omar Edwards, 25.

As he started to turn toward him - the gun still in his hand - an officer opened fire, sources said.

The officer involved in the shooting is white, Edwards is black and had no visible NYPD identification on him, sources said. It was unclear if Edwards identified himself.

"This is always a black cop's fear, that he'd be mistaken for a [suspect]," a source said.

His father couldn't fathom how such a fatal mistake could happen.

"If a police officer sees someone with a gun, you don't just fire without asking questions or trying to apprehend the person," said Ricardo Edwards, 72. "If the person was firing at a police officer, I understand."

Read more: "Black cop killed by white officer: Horror in East Harlem as off-duty rookie is shot pursuing suspect" - http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._killed_by_white_officer.html#ixzz0GtvKDDPX&A

:heart:

Destee

Always been a major blow to the blacks who head such job as part of the force
how much truth would be told here , did he as any officer would do say who they
was (I'm a officer or i'm NYPD ) as a rookie mistakes could have been made , was it
justify is the question !

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE SHOOTING RIGHTS OF POLICE OFFICERS NATIONWIDE.....

I OWN SEVERAL GUNS MYSELF....AND I PRIDE MYSELF ON BEING A PRETTY GOOD AIMER.....

AND BY BEING GOOD AT SHOOTING AT TARGETS....MOVING OR STILL....IT SEEMS TO ME THAT POLICE OFFICERS SHOULD AT LEAST BE ABLE SHOOT FIREARMS AT A LEVEL THATS ACCEPTABLE IN THE UN-ARMING A SUSPECT PROCESS....

BUT THE REALITY IS THAT THEY AREN'T TAUGHT TO SHOOT TO UN-ARM A PERSON.....AND MANY OF THEM ARE EXTREMELY " TRIGGER-HAPPY " OR JUST PLAIN SCARED TO DEATH AND THEY PULL THE TRIGGER OUT OF FEAR....

IF I CAN SHOOT A RUNNING DEER OR SQUIRELL OR RABBIT......IN THE LEG , THEN WHY CANT POLICE OFFICERS DO THE SAME ???

PULLING THE TRIGGER PRE-MATURELY I CANNOT FORGIVE....BECAUSE THAT PERSON HAS GUN TRAINING.......

WHITE MEN SHOOTING THEIR GUNS AT BLACK MEN FOR ANY REASON......I CANNOT FORGIVE.....BECAUSE A CONVERSATION CAN FIX ANY MISUNDERSTANDING MORE EFFECIENT THAN ANY GUN CAN.....

POLICE OFFICERS SHOOTING AT CENTER-MASS AT ANYONE I CANNOT FORGIVE.......BECAUSE HISTORY ITSELF PROVES THEY ARE PROGRAMMED TO KILL....

WARRIOR

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back