Black People : BLACK COMEDY: HEALING OR HURTING?

Metaverse

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 13, 2006
Within.
Occupation
Media Designer
I got a few moments earlier this week to take a good look at Aaron McGruder's Boondocks on AdultSwim. I must admit, I haven't laughed that hard since..who knows. Bro. McGruder is obviously a brilliant Artist as well as comedy Writer. And I do understand his critics to some degree...you know- the use of the "N-Word", the profanity, the stereotypical satire towards Blacks. Humm....sounds like Hip-Hop doesn't it.

In mist of my own laughter, I had to ask myself- is this sort of comedy healing or hurting us?

Here's a clip from the recent Boondocks episode, when Uncle Ruckus steps into the picture he delivers a few messages that are very hard to escape.

Uncle Ruckus is among us.

Has Hip-Hop Culture produced a brand of comedy that is tasty to the palette today, but sour in the stomach tomorrow?

MetaSaience said:
More on the psychology of Uncle Ruckus. He is INDEED part of Black Culture. What shall we do with the Ruckus among us?

"Cause two n______ and two quarters don't add up to a dolla?"​

I hate the Boon Docks. I don't find it funny in the least. But I can see why whites enjoy this show so much.

I have never actually seen a Black cartoon show.. was interesting - but no, this particular episode did not appeal to me at all. The messages are there, definitely - but I'm betting our "dumbed down" youth - of all races - will likely miss it and just think it's funny for funny's sake - which it isnt (the message, that is).

MetaSaience said:
I got a few moments earlier this week to take a good look at Aaron McGruder's Boondocks on AdultSwim. I must admit, I haven't laughed that hard since..who knows. Bro. McGruder is obviously a brilliant Artist as well as comedy Writer. And I do understand his critics to some degree...you know- the use of the "N-Word", the profanity, the stereotypical satire towards Blacks. Humm....sounds like Hip-Hop doesn't it.

In mist of my own laughter, I had to ask myself- is this sort of comedy healing or hurting us?

Here's a clip from the recent Boondocks episode, when Uncle Ruckus steps into the picture he delivers a few messages that are very hard to escape.

Uncle Ruckus is among us.

Has Hip-Hop Culture produced a brand of comedy that is tasty to the palette today, but sour in the stomach tomorrow?

This is a disgrace. This type of self-degradation isn't helping us. I didn't find anything funny in the that horrible clip.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back