Black Sports : BLACK COACHES SUCCESSFULLY TURNING THINGS AROUND...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Peops, y'all been watching these African men turning around these franchises all over professional sports??? Even Eddie Jordan has the Washington Bullets playing great basketball... Marvin Lewis' Bengals are starting to get their stuff together after a rough start, and Dennis Green is building the Cardinals into a winner quite methodically... Lovie Smith has those hated Chicago Bears knocking the snot outta folks on Defense(they intimidated my Giants a few weeks ago), and though Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy's teams have been up and down a little this season, they're both still 6-3...

Do you guys remember a couple of 4 or 5 years ago, after Garfield Heard was fired as the coach of the Washington Bullets, how he said that Black players have a tendency to play harder for a white coach, a tendency to listen and be more respectful of a White man??? Well, Gar, how you gone explain the above-mentioned cats, and their success as coaches, bruh??? How can you explain Terry Porter, and his success with the Milwaukee Bucks last season, or my man, Byron Scott's taking the perennially terrible, New Jersey Nets to the NBA Finals 2 years in a row??? It aint about who's talking, its about what they're sayin', sun(smile!)

I don't think it will be long before we are seeing 2 African men standing on opposing sidelines at the SuperBowl and the NBA Finals... I don't think it'll be long, either, to see 2 brothers or sisters coaching on each bench during March Madness's final game, either... These Brothers and sisters(Vivian Stringer)have major leadership ability, management abiltiy, and coaching mastery, and it is time the world wised up to that fact... I'm having sweet dreams about my homeboy, Willie Randolph returning the METS, the AMAZINS, to the world series in the near future... Willie and I grew up in the same neighborhood, and I just wanna see that brother succeed so bad I can taste it!!! :welldone: What are you alls thoughts on the power, efficacy, and majesty of African American coaches??? What is their impact, and how far can we see them go??? What are your opinions on this???

Peace!
Isaiah

I said not long ago that blacks are making a big impact on the sport arena today
i agree with all above how some these guys turning it to a winner and you right
it won't be long before we see two in the NFL superbowl / NBA championship game
or MLB worldseries I like the style these men bring to the games,they starting to
make this impact in sports and looking at a bright longterm future of winning black
coaches

$$RICH$$ said:
I said not long ago that blacks are making a big impact on the sport arena today
i agree with all above how some these guys turning it to a winner and you right
it won't be long before we see two in the NFL superbowl / NBA championship game
or MLB worldseries I like the style these men bring to the games,they starting to
make this impact in sports and looking at a bright longterm future of winning black
coaches

Rich and Pan, Chicago is blessed with Dusty Baker as the manager of the Cubs, too! It wont be long before brothaman has the Cubs in the series... He'll have to get past my man Willie and the Mets, but hey, I wont be sad if either makes it there...(smile!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Brother Isaiah:

Good thread, Good points, but you are an African-American coach too short:

SYLVESTER CROOMS!

My/our brotha had his boys up against FLORIA (The "D" is missing because they have no Defense) a couple weeks back, and beat them (A ranked team). Crooms will have Mississippi State up top in a matter of time. We will all be right there to witness his success.

Cedric Denson

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back