destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Louisiana Black Church Will Pay Whites to Attend

SHREVEPORT, La. — Greenwood Acres Full Gospel Baptist Church will pay white people to attend services during August to increase the diversity of its congregation.

Bishop Fred Caldwell says he will pay $5 per hour for Sunday services and $10 an hour for the Thursday service. The idea came to him during his sermon Sunday.

"Our churches are too segregated, and the Lord never intended for that to happen. It's time for something radical," Caldwell says.

Click Here To Read The Article In Its Entirety

Paying people to go to Church???!!

I'm not a Christian, but I need a part-time job. Maybe this practise will spread to white churches in PA so that a brother can make some extra cash.

But seriously...

This is just another example of our Capitalist-Show-Me-The-Money Society. Also makes you wonder how the congregation will feel about their new White members. I love diversity, but there has to be a better way.

Hey Sister
This got me so heated
Yeah he will have a lot of white folks up in there getting paid, We have been used for over 400 years and we still have not been paid for building this place on these soil...well he will have a full house, and they will get paid, just like a part time job, and when the month of August is gone,they will be gone to.That is money that can be use in so many other ways .

Money can't Buy you a Soul

I read the article, LOL in a insane fit.

Peace

I do not believe this; I hope he loses his congregation...Church is sacred.... People all over this country go to the church of their choosing, and nothing is wrong with churches being "segregated," Their are differing races and ethnicities that go to many churches... that is their choices...God is God...and what this guy is doing is sacriledge!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back