Black Spirituality Religion : "Black Christians and Jesus"

Willie345

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 12, 2020
Black Christians and Jesus:

I am writing this discourse to Black Christians who claim to live for Christ, but will not claim him as their God. This title is held for another God. What I am saying is, they pray to another God while claiming to serve Christ. That is to say, they do not believe what John 1:1 says about Jesus: "In the beginning was Jesus … and he was God." And they surely do not believe the words Thomas spoke about Jesus in the Upper Room: "My Lord and my God."

And for sure they don't believe what Paul said of Jesus in Titus 2:13: "... while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds." Instead, they have placed in his place another God, one who claims to be God, but is not.

And as I said above, this is a very confusing and mysterious dilemma, one that would not be tolerated in the natural world.

See, Jesus as YHWH God proclaimed himself as the only Savior in Isaiah 45:21-23. "Consult together, argue your case," he said, "and state your case that I am not the only true God. … For there is no other God but me, a just God and your only Savior, no not one." And this was long before modern scholars messed thing up by inventing the idea that there are 2 or 3 Gods, or that there are 2 Saviors; one for the Old Testaments and one for the New Testaments. What an absurd and damaging idea!

That is to say, the idea of more than one being as God was an Abomination to the prophets of old, and a horrible offense to God himself. So now we can finally understand what Jesus meant when he said in Matthew 24:15 that the time would come when we would see this Abomination that causes Desolation proclaimed openly in the Church, causing much distress and tribulation. And he further adds that we should run away from it.

So why are Christians so confused? This is because they are praying to a another God that they have put in the place of Jesus.

Jesus continues his dialogue in Isaiah 45, verse 22, by saying: "Let all the world look to me for salvation." And this is is especially true for us today.

See, God is a single person like us. (Deut. 6:4) (Mark 12:32) He has to be because this is the way he appeared on earth that Christmas day in his incarnation as Emmanuel or the God who is now with us. And this is the way as ascended to heaven 40 days later. And too, we are made in his image, and we are single persons. Otherwise we wouldn't be in his image. Let's say it like this. If a child saw 2-3 men all claiming to be his dad, no wonder he would be confused, and so would you. This means that the Trinity is not in God dividing himself into 2 or 3 parts. The Trinity is in the way he speaks about himself when he speaks to us.

So when Jesus says the "Father sent me", or "I go to the Father," he is speaking of himself by his other name. You see this very plainly in John 5 and other Scriptures. Read it for yourself and you will see what I mean! And when he says "In my Fathers house" in John 14 he is speaking of himself, too. Only in the third person. In fact, every tine he mentions the Father he is talking about himself by his other name. The same is true when he speaks of the Holy Spirit.

And to put it more plainly so we can understand, Jesus is the Father. And he is also the Holy Spirit. In other words, you don't have to say "in the name of Jesus" because when you talk to God you are talking to Jesus. So just say thank you Jesus, and that will be fine!

So who did Jesus pray to?." See, God was God long before he made the angels, man, or any other creature. This means that since there was no one else for God to talk to, God counseled with himself, or as we might say, he talked among himself. How long this had been going on I don't know. Only the endless ages of the past can shed light on this.

So when Jesus prayed to the Father in the Garden, this was a continuation of the conversation God has had with himself from eternity. We should understand this because we as people made in his image do this all the time. We say to ourselves "should I go or should I do this" and we answer "yes you should."

To put it in plain English then, God as Jesus asks himself as the Father, "Are you willing for me to do die for these people?" And God as the Father says to God as Jesus, "Yes, I am." And God as Jesus consents and goes to the cross in our place. And as I said, only God as Jesus being a man too, says it out loud in the form of a prayer. This teaches us that we too should pray in times of stress.

OH I wish we could understand!

What God is doing is talking about himself in a way that reveals (John 17:6) his other 2 names to us so we can get to know him better. This is where most Black Christians go wrong. They think he is talking about someone else, someone bigger than him, or someone greater than him. But he is not.

Remember when Phillip asked Jesus to show him the Father? (John 14) Jesus replied: "Have I been with you all this time, Phillip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. The Father and I are the same person: Translated: the Father is my other name.

Let's say it like this. We are so steeped in the traditions of human logic we have been taught over the years that we try to maintain it at all coast, even in the face of the plain teachings of the Scriptures. And we say, "I hope God will understand." And this is especially true if most of our Christian friends and people we know share the same views. This means that most Black Christians do not and will not accept Jesus as their God no matter what the Bible says!

See, Jesus through me is revealing to you some not so well known facts about himself that you have not heard before!

We must remember that God as Jesus promised to come to earth and save us from our sins back in the days of Isaiah the prophet. Jesus says through the prophet in Isaiah 35:4-7: "Say to those with fearful hearts, 'Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies (Satan and his demons). He is coming to save you. And when he comes, he will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf. The lame will leap like a dear, and those who cannot speak will sing with joy.'" This verse alone is unmistakable proof that the writer is speaking of God as Jesus and the work that he will do as our Savior.

And to clinch it all the prophet said in Isaiah 9:6-7: "For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And his name shall be Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, the Mighty God." Did you get that? The name of this child that was born to us is the Mighty God. Read it for yourself if you dare! And then to conclude this dialogue the prophet says, "His government and its peace will never end. He will rule with fairness and justice from the throne of his David for all eternity. The passionate commitment of the Lord God will make this happen."

These are difficult times we are in so take care and stay safe.

Rev. Autrey

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back