Black Spirituality Religion : Black Christian People

So would you say that what African Americans who consider themselves to be followers of Christ (to borrow Fireman's wording) are worshiping today, a bastardized version of the Christian religion?
Hey Sister NNQ, a very befitting description (BASTARDIZED)!!

Chevron, you must have misunderstood . This is not intended to be a challenge. You are going off on something that doesn't address the topic. It is not about debating what you feel is accurate or inaccurate as it pertains to your research or understanding of the scriptures in the bible. Most of the bible is left up to interpretation anyway.

Okay? I thought I was addressing the topic!? LOL. I will have to re-read what I wrote! But can you give me an example of what you mean about "Most of the bible is left up to interpretation anyway."? Because I do not believe this.

do you have any thoughts as to why black folks continue to embrace this so-called Christian religion

"Christian religion"-- that is my question! I don't really grasp any "religion" today. But again, I am not understanding you on this question either. Perhaps, I am thinking about another perspective--from the type of "religion" based on the earlier foundation of "CHRISTIANITY"-- I am trying to grasp what you are asking and why you feel that I am off topic.
...continue to worship and praise it's so-called God? Both of which are the handiwork of white people who had enslaved our ancestors.

I thought I answered this question! LOL! My first thoughts are the FOUNDATION of this WORSHIP and PRAISE of "so-called God'- Being that the worship and praise is not WHITE EUROPEAN SLAVE--AMERICAN SLAVE BASED. It is based on script-- and THE WORD OF GOD defines a non-white, non-European "God"-- whose WORD CONDEMNS SLAVERY.

So, are you saying that Black Christians today, are praising and worshiping a WHITE GOD that is based on White, Europeans and not the Bible?

A
religion that has established it's prominence and dominance using torture, exploitation, destruction, lies, murder, superstitions, fear and guilt.

Yes, I believe that this AMerican "religion" is based on all that you wrote, but this is not based on the Bible though. It is a perhaps, religion based on Black people being misled to think it was condoned by the Bible, when in fact, it is not.

(why black folks continue to embrace this so-called Christian religion and continue to worship and praise it's so-called God? Both of which are the handiwork of white people who had enslaved our ancestors. A religion that has established it's prominence and dominance using torture, exploitation, destruction, lies, murder, superstitions, fear and guilt)

And, the handiwork was 'convincing' because it is a religion not really based on the Bible though, that was used. But it was the Bible that was said to be the basis, and it is not being read, people, in general have accepted 'interpretation' that is completely 'false interpretation'.

What if Christianity was ours to begin with. Given to us tainted and twisted like most things are.

Yes!!! Thank you, Sister Destee!

Maybe our Ancestors saw / felt the genuineness of the parts left undisturbed.

The Bible was here then, now, and probably tomorrow - like the Pyramids.

absolutely!
Like the N word ... I'm learning of late that it really is a word that belongs to us. But it has been twisted and used against us, so much to the point that we find it challenging to accept what is actually our own. Where we cringe when we hear it (sometimes). We are torn regarding what belongs to us. Who did that, twisted the word up like that and served it back to us.

This is so true! I absolutely know and believe this N word was not negative in its origin, but now ... ! Irony.

Like voting in a country that did not count us as people, but now we are the group that can swing elections. We have good Sisters and Brothers on both sides of this argument. Many have given their life for us to have the opportunity to take part. There is reason to participate, and to ask why.

Calling 911 ... doesn't that cause cognitive dissonance in us ... yet we do it if we must and actually hope for a good outcome and oftentimes get it. But man, why.

WOW! So true!

Let me begin by saying that our ancestors who were slaves in America did at one time practice their own form of worship and spirituality. That form of ritual which was through chanting, song, drum and dance but was taken from them because it kept them strong and in touch with their ancestors and homeland.

Brother Al D, in terms of being "Naive", I have also considered what you write about "slaves in America" and "did at one time practice their own form of worship and spirituality." ANd I have considered too, what you write about how it was "taken from them because it kept them strong and in touch with their ancestors and homeland." But, based on the total HISTORY of Africa and what has occurred to the point that Slavery and the SLave Trade being set up and ongoing for over centuries, I do not believe that Africa and the people (many different kinds of people including the indigenous Africans) were doing all the well, living in harmony, chanting, in song, with drums and dance as we are LED or MISLED to believe.

I absolutely agree that FAKE RELIGION is dangerous though.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back