Black Spirituality Religion : Black Christian People

Peace,

The Earth and I built about this last night and she offered me a different perspective. She agreed that fear was a motivating factor but that fear of change was a big one. We already know that Christianity in America was weaponized to keep black people in check. Because of socialization, Christianity is all many people know. People throughout history have shown and proven how hard it is to change..... even when there's good evidence that change is necessary.

We're asking for a lot when we tell people to leave all they know (Christianity) for the unknown (no religion, ATR, etc.). Only a small percentage of the population will muster the strength to challenge their only experience.

Peace

Last edited:
I prefer not to use the word "Christianity" but instead "Followers of Christ." I also don't refer to Christianity as a "White man's religion." Black people (Kushites), people of color (Semites and Kushite/Semites) gave the world all three major religions Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) or religions period. Paul, a dark skinned Hellenist Jew, introduced Christianity or the Gospel of Christ to the gentiles or Europeans.

But humans have a way of taking the spiritual worship out of religion and making it more of a physical or non-spiritual worship. They also misinterpret 'love' and will justify 'evil' as though it was right. Evil is never right. Instead of worshiping God in 'truth and in spirit," they worship God in "lies" and in the "physical" which they mistake for the truth and the spirit.

God is a spiritual entity or being. We are also spiritual beings. A spirit doesn't have a color. There is no white spirit or black spirit. A spirit doesn't have a sex or gender. There is no male spirit or female spirit. A spirit doesn't have an age. There is no old spirit or a young spirit. In other words, we have taken the true worship of God which is spiritual and have replaced it with a false worship of God based more on the physical and a distortion of the spiritual, that is not based on an "unconditional love" which Christianity is supposed to represent, but on a love that is based on conditions. And that kind of love cannot bring peace, but only hate which leads to evil and then to destruction.

Last edited:
The Earth and I built about this last night and she offered me a different perspective. She agreed that fear was a motivating factor but that fear of change was a big one.
Absolutely!!
People throughout history have shown and proven how hard it is to change..... even when there's good evidence that change is necessary.
Yes, change is difficult and it is uncomfortable but it is also necessary in order for us to evolve.
We're asking for a lot when we tell people to leave all they know (Christianity) for the unknown (no religion, ATR, etc.). Only a small percentage of the population will muster the strength to challenge they're only experience.
The post is not telling folks to leave Christianity! It is asking why folks continue to embrace it and by doing so it may help to reveal somethings about it that they never knew or even considered. Most times when we stimulate dialogue about something that has been faithfully accepted and never questioned it affords folks the opportunity to view it from a different perspective.
Yes, there may only be a small percentage of people that will challenge it but that is where it begins otherwise we would still be slaves!!!!
Thank you Precise Allah for your input..

Lynott, I found this to be interesting, especially learning about the Valladolid debate and that in your opinion, "white christian Americans are a particularly backward brand of christians." So as I think about that, America was a ripe opportunity for Europeans to invade it and practice their deeply embedded brand of christian religion and not see anything "wrong" with how they treated "colonized" people.
I don't believe they didn't see anything wrong with it, otherwise there would'nt have been anything to discuss in Vallodolid. Asking the question is answering it here imo, the right thing from their Spanish perspective of that day would be to submit them to christianity and send the Spanish inquisition to anybody with a different belief or opinion, just like they did with European heretics and protestants in those days. But that meant they would have to treat them as fellow catholics and not enslave them. The priests would have liked that, all those new devote catholics, but those weren't the ones running the overseas operations. So I guess they talked long enough to obscure right and wrong, even from their twisted perspective, and fabricate hypocrite justifications.

But it's hard to discuss the role of christianity as if it was one religion from one colonial power that stayed the same over 500 years, when that clearly wasn't the case. The Spanish theocrats with their Spanish inquisition were very different from the Dutch protestants who were in favour of freedom of religion for example, and both changed much over the centuries. The protestants were even more hypocrite, because they knew very well what was right as they acted accordingly in their homeland and for 50 years overseas too, only to end up as the ones that took the Atlantic slavetrade to a whole new level before the British dominated it. But in general the European resistance against slavery came from the devote christians with christian ethics and arguments in their churches, studies and universities in Europe, while the ships and colonies attracted a different crowd that created the overseas reality.

So you could also argue that the christians lost the fight to do what's right or at least what they truly believed was right from the people who weren't very christian. But christians do hypocrisy and looking the other way very well, both catholics and protestants in their own way, and that's a good reason in itself not to become or remain christian.

I prefer not to use the word "Christianity" but instead "Followers of Christ." I also don't refer to Christianity as a "White man's religion." Black people (Kushites), people of color (Semites and Kushite/Semites) gave the world all three major religions Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) or religions period. Paul, a dark skinned Hellenist Jew, introduced Christianity or the Gospel of Christ to the gentiles or Europeans.

But humans have a way of taking the spiritual worship out of religion and making it more of a physical or non-spiritual worship. They also misinterpret 'love' and will justify 'evil' as though it was right. Evil is never right. Instead of worshiping God in 'truth and in spirit," they worship God in "lies" and in the "physical" which they mistake for the truth and the spirit.

God is a spiritual entity or being. We are also spiritual beings. A spirit doesn't have a color. There is no white spirit or black spirit. A spirit doesn't have a sex or gender. There is no male spirit or female spirit. A spirit doesn't have an age. There is no old spirit or a young spirit. In other words, we have taken the true worship of God which is spiritual and have replaced it with a false worship of God based more on the physical and a distortion of the spiritual, that is not based on an "unconditional love" which Christianity is supposed to represent, but on a love that is based on conditions. And that kind of love cannot bring peace, but only hate which leads to evil and then to destruction.
I really like the way you explained this.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back