Black People : BLACK CHICAGOANS, WHO IS DOROTHY TILLMAN???

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yep, I gathered already that she's a strong and committed activist alderwoman(city council person in New York), but who is sister - as in, is she for real??? Or she a Barack Obama type??? Can you natives of the Windy City give a brother from the Apple an insight into this dynamic(and still quite lovely-looking elder) sister??? Really would like to know more about her, as she an inspiration to African American politicians all over the country...

Here in NYC, Councilman Charles Barron is in her mold... The brother is a former Black Panther, and never attempts to hide it... He's done a lot of great stuff in his short time in office, and given the time, I'm sure he'll do more... But Sister Tillman beat a whole buncha brothers to the punch, and she's receiving bitter criticism from whites for flexing her muscles... We need to get behind her all over this country, and for once, support a strong African Woman... Long Live this beautiful and strong Queen of African Descent!

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    What's Up, Chicago???

Is there no appreciation of this sister's work among Black Chicagoans? Holla if ya hear me...

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. Kwaku Bendele

Kwaku Bendele Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    There is appreciation for her. Ishould know more about her I just don't live on the side of town she lives on. I can tell you that as far sa I am concerned she is the next to only Black Polition that speaks up for us.

4. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Ike

You should have no problems finding sista some appreciation with all those black revolutionaries in Chicago.

Every brutha I run into there got his own religion and a plan to change the world.

5. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for sharing.

6. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

Brother Ralfa'il, Chicago is the home of some of the most progressive African Americans ever, and the mecca, arguably, of urban African American culture and politics, so what sister Dorothy Tillman has done is not unusual... What I wanted to know from Black Chicagoans, specifically, is what is their level of appreciation for the magnitude of this achievement, and the fallout impact it will have on the rest of the African American community throughout the country.

I remember where I was in 1983 when I read that Harold Washington had been elected the mayor of Chicago(aboard the LL train headed to work), and I remember being so happy because it meant, for me, that we in New York City could do it if it could be done in big city political machine Chi Town... Well, it took us 6 more years, but Chicago African Americans gave New York African Americans a great deal inspiration, and Ms. Tillman's work is doing same... It is one of my great frustrations with my people that we throw daggers and stilletos at our politicians and leaders, and rarely do we praise and reward them for a job well-done... Hey, now, everybody needs some love, everybody needs to know that they are appreciated; that their sweat and blood isn't being spilled in vain... If I could reach out hug Mama Tillman this moment, I would, because she deserves it... When you're down in the trenches fighting them wolves and other two-legged dogs, you need someone to say, Wow I truly appreciate all you are doing for me...

Peace!
    Isaiah