Black People : black business = poor service

this has been my experience around Philly

in Philly, bad service seems to be the rule. even in places that should know better.
it would be very nice for me to take my money into a black place and get treated good.

that's all i want.

that rude young lady is putting the place out of business!

I think it was in another black business-related thread where I said that business comes down to one thing, black or white, and that is their Mission Statement, and/or Purpose for business. I believe businesses who have a sound Mission Statement/Purpose/Outlook are the best businesses that there are. Do we go into business for the right motives?

As far as the question, it has been half-and-half with me. However, I believe that we should do what Kemestry brought up - Go to Management, and sit down with Management! You never how your discussion or conversation would change the way that business is operated.

CD

Lawd...but ain't that the TRUTH ???!!!

I feel what Brutha James is saying. I've experienced this same phenomena as well... but I continue to seek out black owned businesses also and just don't go back to places who's employees treat me and or my husband with disdain or contempt. Thankfully though, there are always those black owned businesses where the service, attitudes, and atmosphere are wonderful ! We have several favorites here in Montgomery where we live.
The common denominator though is that the actual owners themselves are
the ones that are serving / helping / selling to you in these establishments.
These folks are so warm and down to earth that we now consider them to be personal friends and not just folks who's businesses we patronize.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back