Black People : black business = poor service

jamesfrmphilly

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
i have been diligently using black business and services.
i must say that at everyone of these stores customer service is poor to non existent. the service people are rude and incompetent.
why is it that black people working in a white owned business give decent service while black people working at a black owned store do not?
as someone who is making an effort to spend his money with blacks i find this really discouraging.

The day care I take my children to is run by two Black men, with a mostly Black & Hispanic staff. It is by far the most professional, well mannered, and well run day care in the area. That being said, I don't feel that black business automatically equals poor service. Many people who are in business, clearly do not know the value of good customer service. This includes both white and black owned businesses. I always try to support black businesses whenever possible. But I feel no obligation to support a business who's prices aren't competitive, or one that does not seem to appreciate my support. If these places you are going to don't treat you right. By all means, stop going there. If they lose enough customers because of the way they run things, they will either have to change or go out of business.....which is the way it should be.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

jamesfrmphilly said:
i have been diligently using black business and services.
i must say that at everyone of these stores customer service is poor to non existent. the service people are rude and incompetent.
why is it that black people working in a white owned business give decent service while black people working at a black owned store do not?
as someone who is making an effort to spend his money with blacks i find this really discouraging.

I have not found this to be tru of all black businesses. For example, we are using a black business now. I dont think there have been too many complaints here. ( Unless you count a certain person's erased files. )

Have you bothered to complain to the management?

I think a lot of it has to do with the nepotism that plagues our community.

Many Black business owners staff their businesses with relatives and close friends who feel they can get away with whatever because they're cool with the boss and won't get fired.

Another factor is age.

Even though I'm in my twenties, I'm usually hesitant about being serviced by people in my age group because they usually tend to be unfocused, moody, and non-chelant.

You come into the place all happy and cheerful in hopes that you may find what you're looking for;

Then you run into some 17 year old girl with her belly out, underwear showing, popping gum and looking at you like you're speaking German.

....or on the celly totally ignoring you.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back