Black People : Black Blogger Makes Joke out of Hanging Nooses

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kemetkind, Oct 19, 2007.

1. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    I read the "Field Negro" blog and sometimes enjoy what he has to say....but I read this post the other day and my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe a "conscious" brother would write this mess. Yeah, yeah, I know this is supposed to be satire but I didn't find it funny and I posted a response letting him know as much.

Am I overreacting?

Here is an excerpt of his post entitled "The Field Negro Noose Shop":

"Now this **** is getting ridiculous. (Thanks for jumping on this EV) I mean it just kept getting closer and closer, and now the noose is right in my home town. What is it with folks in the frat boy's A-merry-ca all of a sudden with these nooses?

But **** it, you know what? Rather than ***** and moan about it, I am going to try and make the best of a bad situation, and maybe even make some money from these sad developments. After all, that is the A-merry-can way right?

So folks, I have decided to open a Noose Shop. Yes you heard me, a Noose Shop. I have a little money saved up. I figure I can take out a small business loan, get a nice little commercial store front property right there on South Street, (Perfect name right?) and get down to business. Hey, nooses are the in thing in A-merry-ca now.

I could sell all types of nooses. Think about it? The noose will be already tied, and all you would have to do is come in, pick out your favorite noose, and roll. No questions asked, just pay your cash, get your noose, and go. I would expand my inventory and offer noose accessories too. Want to to be able to carry your noose wherever you go? How about a nice noose case? Want somewhere to hang your noose when there is nothing around? How about your own portable noose hooks. Or better yet, a fake tree?

I think A-merry-ca is ready for this you all, I really do. And in my noose store the customer will come first. We will sell you nooses in all different sizes. We could sell you a big noose for things like a construction site or a large tree. Or, we could sell you a small one, for say, a school locker, or a door. We could sell neon nooses that glow in the dark for a night time effect, and we could sell camouflaged colored ones for blending in outdoors. That one would be great, because the intended victim wouldn't even know that he is standing right under a tree with a noose until it's too late.

I didn't even get to the colored nooses yet. ( No pun intended black folks) But think of all the possibilities with that one. You could get a noose with your favorite school colors for all those late night college pranks. Think about it. Blue and white for all you Penn State fans. Purple and gold for all you LSU fans, and crimson and white for all you Alabama fans. (I bet that one will really sell). But wait, I could do more, I could even have corporate nooses as well. You gotta love that idea; your corporations logo right on your noose. I bet that FOX NEWS noose would just fly off the shelf..."

Full post HERE.

What ya'll think?

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    this sounds like the type of[NEGRO]who would put on blackface and dance the buckdance in a minstrel show.

3. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    M.E. :thinking:

http://rnanetwork.ning.com/video/video/show?id=1125138:Video:1362

:hearts2:

4. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Actually I don't think he's that type of brother at all.

If he was I wouldn't have cared at all what he had to post.

He's one of our vanguard representing on the internet...most of the bloggers on the "Afrospear" network do a good job and I appreciate what they do.

But this cavalier attitude and willingness to cash in on us (as in make a scandalous post to get page views) reminds me of the brother in Detroit with his light-skinned party.