Black People : Black Biracial / White Biracial

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Hello Family,

Why is there a "Black Biracial" but not a "White Biracial" ?

:heart:

Destee

2. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812

I would love to know the answer to this as well.....hmmm...... :thinking:

3. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    There are white biracials.....they're the ones that look more white than anything else........and you also have to define biracial.....is it anyone with 1 ancestor that's a different race...if that's the case then the majority of folk in America are biracial......or are they folks with parents of different race in which case they are biracial and any other classification whether it be white, Black,Asian or whatever is simply what they choose to be considered as....

Red

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Mississippi ... you won't find biracials being accepted into the white community, as they have been accepted into the Black community. If they are to be accepted in the white community, as you suggested above, they better be able to pass for white. In which case, they'd probably just say they are white.

Since the words we use are theirs, their language ... is it by accident that we rarely hear the term ... "White Biracial" ... but ... "Black Biracial" is bandied about often?

Do you think that they, white people, pushed their mixed children to whatever other race they belonged, in an effort to keep their race free of the confusion, chaos, and torn allegiance that we deal with?

You probably won't find any "White Biracials" on a site meant to uplift white people, talking about everything would be better if we all slept with Black people. Yet, we have "Black Biracials" here (or their offspring), telling us such.

Do you think white folk knew the confusion this would cause, and are simply watching it being played out now?

I've never heard anyone refer to themself as a "White Biracial." Yet i have heard many say they are "Black Biracials" and even call themselves Black.

Is all of this just coincidence?

Destee

5. Chucky

Chucky Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Why have we accepted them?

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Chucky ... perhaps this too is rooted in the enslavement of our people.

Remember, back then, they were taking our babies from us and selling them.

Since the child created from rape, was massa's too, he allowed it to be kept and nursed, planting this seed in us.

Just guessing, as i don't really know.

Why do you think we have historically accepted them, while they have not?

Destee

7. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    I respect your opinion but have to disagree with it...........I personally had never heard the term Black Biracial until I came to this message board ...........most folks I know and have met that are biracial (meaning each of their parents are a different race) don't consider themselves white, Black, Asian,Latino or any single part of their parentage.....the majority of them (who are raised by their birth parents ) consider themselves whatever their mix is and simply mixed race or biracial in general.......as far as acceptance from white folk or whatever other group I know 1 biracial cat and all he knows for the most part are white folk or other half breeds and they're his potnas and friends and family.....his Black side of the family disowned him and growing up Black folk gave him a real hard time and he still carries that grudge for the most part......but he looks Black but as with most half breeds there are clues that he's not wholly Black or white.....my point being in certain situations both sides can be equally accepting and dismissive......there are a lot of mixed race folk who don't like either race in their make up and as such stick to only other half breeds

Usually the ones claiming themselves one race or another are usually raised in that culture or environment which was my personal experience ...so I say I'm Black because I was raised by 2 Black parents in a Black neighborhood however by parentage strictly I'm a person of mixed race, biracial or whatever folks want to call it.........

I haven't seen anyone on here say that the key to happiness is screwing more white folks and creating more half breeds.....but maybe I haven't been paying attention

Looking at biracial folks as a plan by "The Man" or some part in a global conspiracy is a mistake biracials are not only from almost any and every racial classification on earth so dont' get caught up in the thought that white folk did this then threw us into other races mix to cause confusion.....

does it offend you when you see a biracial person say they're Black ? Would a better term or classification be "Culturally Black" ? ........the older I get the more my views on this issue changes and the less I care about others classifications and hangups...

Red

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Mississippi ... prior to this discussion forum, i've not even thought much on biracial folk, let alone heard all the terms they use to describe themselves. So i'm with you on that part. Now that i'm more aware of this phenomena, biracials, i find it hard to believe that you'd say both sides have been as equally accepting or dismissive. The evidence speaks contrary to that.

Oh ... let me show you:

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=429869&postcount=50

Brother Mississippi ... i know it's a hard concept to wrap our minds around, but how else can we explain the fact that when a child is created from any white / other union ... it most often takes on the race of the "other?" You have a white/Black child, the child is not referred to as white. You have a white/Asian child, the child is not referred to as white. You have a white/Hispanic child, the child is not referred to as white. The only children that are white, are those who have 2 white parents ... or as you've already mentioned ... they look so white that no one can tell the difference, and then they get to be white by default.

Why, if the child is half white and half something else, are there not more "white children" running around that don't look white?

No, i'm not offended at all, when a biracial person says they are Black. Considering the fact that we have historically accepted them as our own, and still do to this day, i would prefer that they be Black ... but that's not my decision to make. They choose to go back and forth (at least some on this site). One day they are Black, the next they are Biracial, and give it a few more days and they will not be Black at all ... but never have i heard them refer to themselves as white. It seems that this would be a question they would be asking, rather than me. "Mommy, Daddy, why can't i be white?"

With so many issues facing BLACK people, the last thing we need are those who are straddling the fence.

Which brings me back to the original question i asked, why don't white people have these fence straddlers?

Is it just a coincidence?

Destee

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    no, i don't think so.........

10. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34
    On the thread by Bisabee....yeah I was right I just didn't pay attention.......

I think the biggest reason Black folk take half breeds as Black regardless of how they look is due to one drop thinking and there are a lot of Black folk that still go by that..... no other race ever had a law defining what was and wasn't included in that classification ....and that endoctrination was so ingrained that it still lives today..so in that sense I see what you mean by there are Black biracials but not Asian or white or whatever else biracials..I think it's due to what I said above "one drop endoctrination".........and true you do see a lot of fence straddling.......I believe this comes from the fact that the individual is not comfortable with themselves being half of two wholes .....they need to belong to a group need to fit in but regardless of what they say they are not fully either race.... ....they by parentage are mixed race , biracial......................as far as my kids go....I classify them as mixed race kids and on school applications they go as such......

To me as a person of mixed race I have to look at certain Pro-Black and Pan African agendas very carefully (and I think a lot of other folks of the same background will agree to this)........because some of those agendas and paths that would help Black folks will eliminate or alienate us and our kids (if our kids are of mixed race also) or put us or our families or parts of our families rather in a bad way........so from that comes a lot of the fence straddling when it comes to issues also.......a lot of the ideas expoused on this board and others like it there's no way I could support due to the consequences that would come to my children and if my birth parents had kept me the consequences that would come to my father .........so asking a person to sit squarely on one side or the other can really put that person in a funky place..........but that only applies to those who care what race or whatever classification others view them as personally I don't care how folks classify me....like I've said before Culturally I am a Black man and I carry myself as such however by parentage I am biracial Black/Irish and carry myself as such.......I know both sides of myself the good and bad and could care less about what others try to tell me I am....however a lot of mixed race people are not so secure in their identity......

I don't know if any of that answers your question but that's my perspective on it.....and as you know conversation over the net is difficult at best especially when trying to convey an idea or experience

Red

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oct 1 2016 why are biracial men so pro black