Black People : Black Benovelent Savior, White Controling Father

medusanegrita

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 13, 2010
STL Missouri
This will likely get moved to the spiritual forum, but I want to start it here because this part of the forum gets the most views and replies, then you can follow it in the spiritual forum.

I brought this up in the Should 'Black People Segregate' thread and thought it should be put up for it's own debate/discussion.

I really try not to bash the Christians (key word - try). Have I not said that people who adhere to this religion are the ones that fed, clothe, and housed me when I needed it? Gives me a certain point of gratitude and humbleness when it comes to Christians, even if my tolerance is fleeting.

You think if they knew I was heathen, they would still do it, help me? I think so. Many never asked me, and many did not care. Those that did ask me or cared tried to convert and did not understand my views. But I understood theirs and why it was working for them succinctly. I know many follow the teachings of Jesus, and in their heart they try to do the right thing. That 'right thing' that is in their heart, they attribute to Jesus instead of themselves. But think about.... for you to want to do that right thing, to help people..... it is really already there. Innate within you. People who don't have that, that are corrupt, greedy, malcontent, and 'bad' - will say they are Christians and follow the word of GOD but they don't because corruption, greed, and badness has inhabited their soul and now that is in their heart.

I put GOD in caps for reason. Something just occurred to me. Not sure if I'm on the mark or off, but consider this and tell me what you think.

I think Jesus was screwy and a bit odd..... definitely a bit of vagabond crazy had he been doing today what he did then. I read many of his words as they are stated in the bible tho..... crazy he is and a bit nonsensical but I can see the compassion and love he tried to teach to many of his followers. He seems to have a lotta love for children, treating people fairly, equally, giving justice to those who committed crimes (and those who stand accused but did not), and giving hope to those in despair.

People, especially black people, who try to follow his words and teachings will often praise, holla, and shout his name 'THANK YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS!' It's always Jesus this and Jesus that.

White people seem more prone to shout and holla about GOD than Jesus. Yes, I know Christians believe in the trinity and that they are one and the same, but for many black people a living Jesus that walked the earth with his ragtag band of poor followers is more tangible than an invisible god in the sky who watches over all, so I think that is why they are more interested in Jesus and scream his name over actually saying 'god'.

But this version of Christianity is especially created for the white man. I think it is used as a spiritual and psychological 'escape route.' Their GOD (not Jesus) has all the greedy, punishing, narcissistic, and controlling ways of the white man - and none of this seems to be attributes of Jesus at all. Maybe this is why white folks holla 'GOD' more than they holla 'JESUS' and why black folks do the opposite.

Just an observation based on anecdotal evidence, and maybe this is the wrong thread for it since it be a clear highjack.... but I'd like to know if my observation rings true or not, especially from those are Christian but yet open minded.

I'm particularly interested in the bold. Thoughts?

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

Black Benovelent Savior, White Controling Father......not really!

This will likely get moved to the spiritual forum, but I want to start it here because this part of the forum gets the most views and replies, then you can follow it in the spiritual forum.

I brought this up in the Should 'Black People Segregate' thread and thought it should be put up for it's own debate/discussion.

I really try not to bash the Christians (key word - try). Have I not said that people who adhere to this religion are the ones that fed, clothe, and housed me when I needed it? Gives me a certain point of gratitude and humbleness when it comes to Christians, even if my tolerance is fleeting.

You think if they knew I was heathen, they would still do it, help me? I think so. Many never asked me, and many did not care. Those that did ask me or cared tried to convert and did not understand my views. But I understood theirs and why it was working for them succinctly. I know many follow the teachings of Jesus, and in their heart they try to do the right thing. That 'right thing' that is in their heart, they attribute to Jesus instead of themselves. But think about.... for you to want to do that right thing, to help people..... it is really already there. Innate within you. People who don't have that, that are corrupt, greedy, malcontent, and 'bad' - will say they are Christians and follow the word of GOD but they don't because corruption, greed, and badness has inhabited their soul and now that is in their heart.

I put GOD in caps for reason. Something just occurred to me. Not sure if I'm on the mark or off, but consider this and tell me what you think.

I think Jesus was screwy and a bit odd..... definitely a bit of vagabond crazy had he been doing today what he did then. I read many of his words as they are stated in the bible tho..... crazy he is and a bit nonsensical but I can see the compassion and love he tried to teach to many of his followers. He seems to have a lotta love for children, treating people fairly, equally, giving justice to those who committed crimes (and those who stand accused but did not), and giving hope to those in despair.

People, especially black people, who try to follow his words and teachings will often praise, holla, and shout his name 'THANK YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS!' It's always Jesus this and Jesus that.

White people seem more prone to shout and holla about GOD than Jesus. Yes, I know Christians believe in the trinity and that they are one and the same, but for many black people a living Jesus that walked the earth with his ragtag band of poor followers is more tangible than an invisible god in the sky who watches over all, so I think that is why they are more interested in Jesus and scream his name over actually saying 'god'.

But this version of Christianity is especially created for the white man. I think it is used as a spiritual and psychological 'escape route.' Their GOD (not Jesus) has all the greedy, punishing, narcissistic, and controlling ways of the white man - and none of this seems to be attributes of Jesus at all. Maybe this is why white folks holla 'GOD' more than they holla 'JESUS' and why black folks do the opposite.

Just an observation based on anecdotal evidence, and maybe this is the wrong thread for it since it be a clear highjack.... but I'd like to know if my observation rings true or not, especially from those are Christian but yet open minded.

well...medusanegria,

In that case…I think you are on point, click read and enjoy at your leisure, my friend:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45271

http://destee.com/forums/showpost.php?p=497251&postcount=744

i know exactlt how you feel

I felt the same way when I had calc 1 in college, I was like what the **** is this ****,

but you know if I had known that calc came from Africa and that i had to get rid of a hatred to math to elarn it and that there was something in the future called computers that it was necessary for , maybe i would not have had the world exists only as far as my nose attitiude.

In any relationship of the birth of a child 9 times out of 10 it is the male who INTITIATES THE ACT OF CONTACT OR BREAKING THE ICE

but if folks stilll harbor a subconscious hatred for their fathers or have experienced sexual or emotional abuse from men, they may miss that concept of a male creator,
establsihed thousands of years before Christ, and since Kemetic culrure comes from Africa subsahara, thosands of years probably before Akhenaton.

There are sciences;
religious
metaphysical
physics
geometry
gemancy
alchemy
astrology
Qabalah
Obeah
Qi Gong
Quantum physics
parapsychology
homoepathy
naturopathy
aromatherapy
chemistry
astronomy
geology
calculus
trigonometry

that folks say
AW WHY BOTHER STUDYING THAT CRAP, IT IS NOT CLEAR TO ME ON MY FIRST READING SO WHY BOTHER

If the world was based on our limitations of view and perception and lack of conceptualization
then we would truly be living in hell.

A bit of political history;
the ideal of fascism,

is the individual with no root,
historical, or otherwise, that lives by thier urges and desires, and the hell with those ouside their particular group

and by satisfying those urges and desires, they can create the ideal state;
where love is hate,
war is peace,
and evil is good, just as long as it gets results

I felt the same way when I had calc 1 in college, I was like what the **** is this ****,

but you know if I had known that calc came from Africa and that i had to get rid of a hatred to math to elarn it and that there was something in the future called computers that it was necessary for , maybe i would not have had the world exists only as far as my nose attitiude.

In any relationship of the birth of a child 9 times out of 10 it is the male who INTITIATES THE ACT OF CONTACT OR BREAKING THE ICE

but if folks stilll harbor a subconscious hatred for their fathers or have experienced sexual or emotional abuse from men, they may miss that concept of a male creator,
establsihed thousands of years before Christ, and since Kemetic culrure comes from Africa subsahara, thosands of years probably before Akhenaton.

There are sciences;
religious
metaphysical
physics
geometry
gemancy
alchemy
astrology
Qabalah
Obeah
Qi Gong
Quantum physics
parapsychology
homoepathy
naturopathy
aromatherapy
chemistry
astronomy
geology
calculus
trigonometry

that folks say
AW WHY BOTHER STUDYING THAT CRAP, IT IS NOT CLEAR TO ME ON MY FIRST READING SO WHY BOTHER

If the world was based on our limitations of view and perception and lack of conceptualization
then we would truly be living in hell.

A bit of political history;
the ideal of fascism,

is the individual with no root,
historical, or otherwise, that lives by thier urges and desires, and the hell with those ouside their particular group

and by satisfying those urges and desires, they can create the ideal state;
where love is hate,
war is peace,
and evil is good, just as long as it gets results
and who what or where does any book talk about a God or Creator being white?

but I guess steroetypical thinking, is an equal opportunity employer

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back