destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

African American Barbie Hits Stores in Time For Holiday Season

Looking to tap into a new market, Mattel has created an African American Barbie doll.

The dolls, with names such as Kara, Trichelle and Grace, hit stores a few weeks ago.

So far the reaction to the dolls has been positive, although some have expressed concerns about the design of the dolls, including the hairstyles.

"Why couldn't one of the dolls have a little short afro, or shorter braids or something?" Gail Parrish, 60, a told the Associated Press.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

::

I think it's interesting that some are wanting the Black Barbie to have a fro or sump'n, but why would our babies want a doll with hair that even they don't have, and that they don't see on the majority of Black Women?

Well ... i guess we gotta take progress however it comes ... maybe the Black Barbie will have that.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

African American Barbie Hits Stores in Time For Holiday Season

Looking to tap into a new market, Mattel has created an African American Barbie doll.

The dolls, with names such as Kara, Trichelle and Grace, hit stores a few weeks ago.

So far the reaction to the dolls has been positive, although some have expressed concerns about the design of the dolls, including the hairstyles.

"Why couldn't one of the dolls have a little short afro, or shorter braids or something?" Gail Parrish, 60, a told the Associated Press.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

I think it's interesting that some are wanting the Black Barbie to have a fro or sump'n, but why would our babies want a doll with hair that even they don't have, and that they don't see on the majority of Black Women?

Well ... i guess we gotta take progress however it comes ... maybe the Black Barbie will have that.

:heart:

Destee
This is not some light thing not to tak seriously!

The first editions of these dolls also have collectors editions.

Bob Law had one on display at his children's book store
of the former Black Barbie as a collectors item.
back in the early 90s

These are investments, that even when given to a toddler girl or baby, they will be of great value if never opened from the display box.

These are investments, that even when given to a toddler girl or baby, they will be of great value if never opened from the display box.

*Jeez!*

You don't give a little girl a doll and tell her she can't take it out of the box.

If a parent wishes to purchase one of these dolls as an "investment," then buy TWO, one to save, one as a gift.

I can just see you now.....

Ankur: "Here, little girl. A nice, pretty doll for you to LOOK at...See how pretty she is through the PLASTIC?
Well, you can LOOK at her anytime you want to but you can't take her OUT OF THE BOX.
She's an "INVESTMENT" for me, but you can LOOK at her anytime you want to!"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back