Black People : Black Baby shot in the mouth in Newark apartment

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I first heard this story on "Openline"at KISS FM 98.7, Sunday past.
    Bob Slade, Mtume, and former Jodge Bob Picket have been wrking with the Newark community, "The Street Doctor" , Bashir Akinyele and several churches on stop the violence intitiatives there for over a year now,

but when will this end?

[​IMG]
    Northjersey.com : News : Crime & Courts

2-year-old boy fatally shot in Newark apartment

Friday, December 30, 2011 Last updated: Friday December 30, 2011, 4:16 PM
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Associated Press

A 2-year-old boy was fatally shot in the mouth at a Newark apartment Friday, and police were searching for the boyfriend of the child's mother.
    Authorities say the boyfriend drove the child and his mother to Newark Beth Israel Medical Center shortly before 10 a.m. The child, identified as Mikhy Robinson, was pronounced dead there a short time later.
    Newark Police Director Samuel DeMaio says police are still trying to determine whether the shooting was accidental.
    An official familiar with the investigation says the mother was asleep and awoke to see the boyfriend holding the bleeding baby and saying repeatedly: "I'm so sorry."
    The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the boyfriend has a lengthy criminal history, which includes prior weapons offenses.
    What the research has confirmed, he said, is: "These are not drugs to mess with."

http://www.northjersey.com/news/cri...old_boy_fatally_shot_in_Newark_apartment.html

form a NJ , not global resource

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    It well may have been an accident. The boyfriend may have allowed the child to play with the gun...probably thinking the gun was not loaded at the time and the child may have shot himself....or the boyfriend was handling the gun and accidentally shot the child.

Either way, when they catch the boyfriend, he's going down for that child's death, even if they give him "involuntary Manslaughter."

3. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    I hear you sister, young folks now adays do alot of things without thinking, but why would anyone let a toddler play with a gun loaded or unloaded? and what was the moms thinking?
    It was claimed he did mention something about drugs, and this reminds me of the crack head who was threatening his girlfriends grandmother and claimed the gun went off by mistake in Cypress Hills PJs in east New York a minute ago

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    The article says that the mother was in bed sleeping.

Yes, a lot of people, young and older, have done some stupid things in the presence of children and guns......Sadly, tragedies like this one happen all the time because some so-called "adult" was irresponsible with a gun.

I don't know what drugs may have to do with it.

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well said.

6. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    You are so right and im so sick of this mess. I have some very unpleasant words for the sorry mothers of these children...perhaps if they were less worried about the d*ck and more concerned about their children we would not have this nonsense occurring...There is really no way that I would allow a man around who is not the father that I havent known for at least a year....It always comes out that they just meet these dudes and bring them around within weeks even moving in together....smh wtf???

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Man accused in fatal shooting of Newark toddler to be arraigned

Published: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 8:12 AM Updated: Wednesday, January 04, 2012, 8:14 AM

[​IMG] By The Associated Press

The Star-LedgerWakir Bryant, left, was arrested in connection with the fatal shooting of 2-year-old Mikhy Robinson, right, in Newark.
    NEWARK — A northern New Jersey man charged in the shooting death of his girlfriend's toddler son is due to be arraigned today.
    Twenty-seven year-old Wakir Bryant faces aggravated manslaughter charges in the death of 2-year-old Mikhy Robison. The child died Friday after being shot in the mouth earlier that day in a Newark apartment.
    Prosecutors said Bryant drove Robinson and the child's mother to a nearby hospital, where the baby was pronounced dead. He was arrested later that night.
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/01/man_accused_in_fatal_shooting.html