Black Spirituality Religion : Black atheists

African_Prince said:
I have not been proven wrong, why do you have such difficulty thinking rationally? Any physicist (Black, White, Red, Yellow, or Brown) will tell you that all physical objects are comprised of matter or energy and gravity and time are physical processes (that affect matter and energy). There is no existence besides physical existence, if there was (it doesn't even make sense but for the sake of conversation) we couldn't have any knowledge of the non-physical because we are physical beings in a physical universe.

Time is a physical process. You are born into the world as an infant, if you are lucky, you die as an old man or woman. You are the same organism you were when you were a month old, but time has changed your body - a physical object. The process of time is observable by our 5 physical senses, nothing non-physical could be observed by our 5 physical senses.

Gravity is a physical force and a force is anything that can cause mass to accelerate. Evolution isn't a distinct (independent) 'thing' which makes living organisms evolve, all living organisms (by themselves) evolve because this is the nature of living organisms. All objects with mass (by themselves) attract each other. Time and gravity are physical phenomenon, non-physical phenomenon (which is contradictory because a phenomenon is any occurence that is observable) could never be observed through physical means because it would be non-physical.

I am a physical being, nothing that could be physically observed can interact with the physical world - which can be physically observed. I am as certain that nothing non-physical exists (if you truly think about this, the idea that something non-physical could exist in "some way" is absurd) as I am that I'm not really a cat who is viewed as a cat by the world and has only been hallucinating my life as a human being.

[qupte] This could be just a phase you're going thru as you journey to you're higher stages of awareness.

Why do you all think that this is a personal issue for me? I don't believe in God or anything supernatural because there is no evidence for God or anything supernatural and if you apply a very limited understanding of science with logic and common sense, you will see how improbable the supernatural is. If I found out otherwise tomorrow, I would accept that. I wasn't touched by a Catholic priest, I have no bias in there being a God/supernatural world.

Critical thinking..[/QUOTE]

Consciousness doesn't have physical properties. It is non physical and we have knowledge of this directly from experience.

Consciousness cannot be seen, heard, smelled, tasted or touched or be detected via our other senses other than our awareness.

I say what your going thru is a phase because you didn't always express your dis-belief in God. And again you are the only one in this thread refering to god as a supernatural being. If I refer to God as the person i see in the mirror and tell you that God is the person you see in the mirror then I have physical proof that God is real from both of our perspectives.

Consciousness doesn't have physical properties. It is non physical and we have knowledge of this directly from experience.

Consciousness cannot be seen, heard, smelled, tasted or touched or be detected via our other senses other than our awareness.

We know that there is a definite co-relation between the brain and consciousness. Neuroscientists have performed several studies concerning consciousnes and the mind, it is neurological activity. Why aren't we always conscious if consciousness is not regulated by the brain - a physical object?

I say what your going thru is a phase because you didn't always express your dis-belief in God.

No, I didn't. When I examined the evidence without dogma or bias, I came to realize how improbable God's existence is.

If I refer to God as the person i see in the mirror and tell you that God is the person you see in the mirror then I have physical proof that God is real from both of our perspectives.

Now you are just playing with the word "God". If God is entropy, then God exists. If God is a conscious, intelligent being that is omniscent and all powerful and exists outside of time and space, then it is reasonable to assume that God does not exist.

The Mandelbrot Series of Space,Time,Energy, Matter

African_Prince said:
We know that there is a definite co-relation between the brain and consciousness. Neuroscientists have performed several studies concerning consciousnes and the mind, it is neurological activity. Why aren't we always conscious if consciousness is not regulated by the brain - a physical object?

Elder James: I agree ....No-body has a monopoly (essentially) on AP or any one else changing their mind.

In regards to the discussion, here is a particular model (frame of reference) that , if completely taken into consideration, can change ones fundamental perceptions of themselves and what they appear to be experiencing. That simulation/appearance in question has historically lead individuals to classify and experience reality through a classical or mechanistic, materialist based framework/lens.

No-thing even Matters at all.

Does Objective Reality Exist, or is the Universe a Phantasm?

In 1982 a remarkable event took place. At the University of Paris a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century. You did not hear about it on the evening news. In fact, unless you are in the habit of reading scientific journals you probably have never even heard Aspect's name, though there are some who believe his discovery may change the face of science.
Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since traveling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations.

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram.
Bohm is not the only researcher who has found evidence that the universe is a hologram. Working independently in the field of brain research, Standford neurophysiologist Karl Pribram has also become persuaded of the holographic nature of reality. Pribram was drawn to the holographic model by the puzzle of how and where memories are stored in the brain. For decades numerous studies have shown that rather than being confined to a specific location, memories are dispersed throughout the brain.
In a series of landmark experiments in the 1920s, brain scientist Karl Lashley found that no matter what portion of a rat's brain he removed he was unable to eradicate its memory of how to perform complex tasks it had learned prior to surgery. The only problem was that no one was able to come up with a mechanism that might explain this curious "whole in every part" nature of memory storage.

http://twm.co.nz/hologram.html

(Consciousness impacting upon itself and differentiating through stages of symbolic forms(One nexus point being what we percieve as a brain) that WE simultaneously exist as both (indivisible -Dualities/Form and Function)

The Gross matter we percieve as a brain and even its most rudimentary sub-atomic composition is translated through photons (information carriers) into a contextualized model experienced in the brain along with the SENSE of the perciever who senses it IS him/her that is experiencing. (This is Neuroscience) not me sauntering.

Consciousness IS the circumscribed medium that all this activity is taking place and not just its fractal like holographic projection we attribute to The Brain. I have references (Pibram, Damasio)

MATTER is a definition of an effect ...it is a word that stands in place for a reality that cannot genuinely be EX-sperienced. The word Matter alludes to a description that fits neatly within a model that charaterizes a biased worldview. :ghost:

MenNefer said:
Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light.
yeah, it is called "entanglement" but AP probably does not believe in that either.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back