Black People : Black 4 Star General Demoted for Lavish Spending

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NNQueen, Nov 13, 2012.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    William Ward, Four Star General, Demoted For Lavish Spending, Ordered To Repay $82,000

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Caleb Jones)

WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has demoted the former head of U.S. Africa Command who was accused of spending thousands of dollars on lavish travel and other unauthorized expenses, a senior U.S. official said Tuesday.

Panetta stripped Gen. William "Kip" Ward of a star, which means that he will now retire as a three-star lieutenant general despite arguments from the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff against the demotion. Ward also has been ordered to repay the government $82,000.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the person wasn't authorized to discuss a personnel matter.

The demotion comes as retired Army Gen. David Petraeus resigned as CIA director because of an extramarital affair and Marine Gen. John Allen is being investigated for potentially improper communications with a woman.

According to the official, Panetta reviewed the Ward matter and concluded that the wrongdoing found by the Defense Department Inspector General, in a report released earlier this year, demanded accountability.

In a statement issued Tuesday, a spokesman for Ward said the general "has never been motivated by personal gain and fulfilled each and every mission assigned to him and served his country and the men and women assigned to his commands with distinction."

Click Here to Read Entire Article

2. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    What is all this crap coming down the pipe? Why are all these people being fired so publicly which would otherwise go quietly or even often ignored by superiors (with exception to Wards situation) but being fired for an affair? Investigated for talking to a woman? Why are we even hearing about this? They usually never even release this type of in house stuff regarding the CIA after all they are NOT elected officials. So whats really going on why are they really being let go and why is it all being made so public?? I smell a cover up, maybe for the situation in Bengazhi or maybe more something that hasnt even happened yet??

3. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879
    $30,000 a year for the rest of his retirement is an extremely heavy price to pay and this excerpt leaves a foul smell...

4. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Each1teach1 is right,..this is foul....this stinks to high hell... why do i get the feeling romney is behind all this? sorry sucker....

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    NNQueen ... i'm with you ... all of this is just too coincidental ... looks like there's a fly in da buttermilk.

:heart:

Destee

6. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Yeah, I'm wondering about this too! I think you're hittin on something. It's just doesn't make sense to me.

7. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    when i was in the military (this was 1980)...stationed at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska...a two star general was busted with a prostitute at 3:00am. by 10:00am, his house was cleaned out, and he was on his way to the middle east. i don't know if he was demoted or not but the military takes the actions of its generals very seriously. with all the perks they get, it can sometimes breed abuse of power.

8. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Right and notice that it was handled in house!! I mean he was only 2 stars but thats still high up. This stuff has been going on forever but its ALWAYS been handled in house even if a breach of security was reached they would never alert the public, it serves no purpose.

9. Each1teach1

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    I dont know if Romney has anything to do with it but I think it definitely has something to do with what happened in Benghazi Libya if not something that is about to happen. Here you have 50, count 50 high ranking 4 star generals in the entire US military and here they are firing 3 of them??? I think it has something to do with the rift that supposedly exists in the CIA and DOD as well. Ive heard that there are those in the CIA and DOD who are against the NWO executors that want to claim the world for themselves all the while sacrificing the little people, now that this Beghazi thing is about to blow up heads are rolling. I believe that they sacrificed that consulate. Ambassador Chris Stevens had asked for months for increased security and it had been denied. Not only that why did it take 22 hours for help to arrive?? We have black budgets to develop Jets like the Falcon Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2 which can travel from London, UK to SIdney AUS inside an hour but they couldnt get to Benghazi for a whole day?? GTFOH...
    Anyway I think this could be why all these Generals are getting knocked for crap that would other wise be disciplinary action by the military if any at all...Theyre just the fall guys for something bigger.

10. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148

A Major was busted down to Capt just for offerin airmen a lift to a ski lodge. They called it fraternization. I asked my CO, if he had a flat on the side of the road, does that mean I'm just suppose to pass you by? Or you just leave me?