Black People : Bishop Jakes slammed by Farrakhan and Sharpton at Parks Funeral

Kemetstry said:
It was quite appropriate how they did it. Both received standing ovations. Btw, satan will be a very good christian too. Not that I'm calling Jakes satan.

Why attack another black figure at an event like that? Why talk about anything else other than remembering Rosa Parks and her contributions to Civil Rights?

This is why we cannot prosper as a people.

How many lives has Bishop T.D. Jakes healed (I mean He-sent healed), as opposed to those who don't believe in what he is sent to do?

I was created by God to work with youth, and intercede with youth. I guarantee you that in about 10 years, MANY people are going to be talking dirty about me.

By the way, I know T.D. Jakes was not moved by it. Hell talks bad about spiritual leaders everyday.

CD

Dual Karnayn said:
I think Farrakhan and Shaprton needed to expose Mr Jakes for the man he is.

Jakes is a very intelligent and articulate Black man but he's gotten rich off of exploiting the anger and frustration of Black women.

When I hear him speak, I hear less teachings of Jesus and more entertainment and male-bashing.

How is empowering black women male-bashing? From what I see he is trying to tell black women to take responsibilities for their lives and have self-esteem whether they are in a relationship or not. And he might center things more on black women because they are the ones in the church pews. Good or bad... it's something that's not going to change any time soon, so miswell use the Christian religion in a way to bring about positive change within a person.

My Take is...

they are ["all"} sub-stitute teachers struggling against rather than with one another for that top spot that none can fill since Malcolm X and Martin Luther King's era -- while time is just tick-ticking away.

Fine

PS Please, name your source?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back