20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Post a question about Black people and the answer is NOT on the Internet

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
WHAT BLACK MAN BUILT THE 1ST PRODUCTION WASHING MACHINES IN THE COUNTRY?

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Don't generalize. Some in every generation are teachable! I have my doubts about those who were and are influenced by rap music.
I purposefully did not generalize. There are youth who are genesis like and everything comes easy intelluctally.

No. One of the problems I see within our communities is a failure to listen unless they judge they speaker as worthy. You never know what you might learn if you listen.
The only reason I was friendly to the young lady I mentioned is because I could tell she was listening. She wants to know.
I don't want to have doubts about any of our people. We can't ignore that the next generation needs to know their History. And its not being taught in school
Each One Teach One can't work if no one is listening.

sekou kasimu

PanAfrikanist Revolutionary
Apr 12, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
sowetomovement.blogspot.com
Occupation
Retired Ironworker
I'll start.
I met a young lady a few months ago. She's younger than myself.
Rushing forward...one day I used the phrase Black women......
and she asked me "Are you calling me Black!!!
She was offended, and tired of people calling her Black. I asked why are people calling you Black. She believes it's because she's dark skin. She says such things as "I'm dark enough, I don't need such and such.
I tried to explain the Black I was talking about.
I'm consciously thinking Each One Teach One.
This one was to much. I'd have to start from the beginning, explaining the word Black as positive.
I'm still associate with her as often as we can. I've decided I'll take my time.
First, I would like her to appreciate her skin shade, and know she's a beautiful Black woman. Than we can proceed.

Thoughts?
Introduce her to the teachings of Malcolm X. Especially the teachings about self hate!!!

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
Introduce her to the teachings of Malcolm X. Especially the teachings about self hate!!!
Why would I introduce her to a book for what I can teach her myself.
She has no idea about self hate.

Maybe this is not really a questionnot but an idea

Each One Teach One

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
WHAT BLACK MAN BUILT THE 1ST PRODUCTION WASHING MACHINES IN THE COUNTRY?

Is this Production washing machine the same as a regular washing mashing?

There were several inventors, or builders, of different types of washing machines.

**Or you speaking of a production line used to assemble (assembly line) washing machines.

I'm searching encyclopedias and dictionaries and don't see any Production Washing Machine, by that name.:thinking:

Question to vague. Give answer or more to search for. Where did you get this Production washing machine information from?

(You can't be making stuff up Kem)
:shark:

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist
Is this Production washing machine the same as a regular washing mashing?

There were several inventors, or builders, of different types of washing machines.

**Or you speaking of a production line used to assemble (assembly line) washing machines.

I'm searching encyclopedias and dictionaries and don't see any Production Washing Machine, by that name.:thinking:

Question to vague. Give answer or more to search for. Where did you get this Production washing machine information from?

(You can't be making stuff up Kem)
:shark:

By production, I mean they were mass produced

I have told this story I here before. I don't have to make it up

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
By production, I mean they were mass produced

I have told this story I here before. I don't have to make it up

Lady Inventor Ellen Eglui?

Kemetstry

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: