20th Birthday : Birthday Contest : Post a question about Black people and the answer is NOT on the Internet

WHAT BLACK MAN BUILT THE 1ST PRODUCTION WASHING MACHINES IN THE COUNTRY?

Don't generalize. Some in every generation are teachable! I have my doubts about those who were and are influenced by rap music.

I purposefully did not generalize. There are youth who are genesis like and everything comes easy intelluctally.

No. One of the problems I see within our communities is a failure to listen unless they judge they speaker as worthy. You never know what you might learn if you listen.
The only reason I was friendly to the young lady I mentioned is because I could tell she was listening. She wants to know.
I don't want to have doubts about any of our people. We can't ignore that the next generation needs to know their History. And its not being taught in school
Each One Teach One can't work if no one is listening.

I'll start.
I met a young lady a few months ago. She's younger than myself.
Rushing forward...one day I used the phrase Black women......
and she asked me "Are you calling me Black!!!
She was offended, and tired of people calling her Black. I asked why are people calling you Black. She believes it's because she's dark skin. She says such things as "I'm dark enough, I don't need such and such.
I tried to explain the Black I was talking about.
I'm consciously thinking Each One Teach One.
This one was to much. I'd have to start from the beginning, explaining the word Black as positive.
I'm still associate with her as often as we can. I've decided I'll take my time.
First, I would like her to appreciate her skin shade, and know she's a beautiful Black woman. Than we can proceed.

Thoughts?
Introduce her to the teachings of Malcolm X. Especially the teachings about self hate!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back