Black Entertainment : birth-of-a-nation-dismal-debut

So audiences flocked to see other top movies that were playing in theatres that were closed?

Were any attempts made to sabotage the other top movies by digging for dirt on the filmmakers?

No, the east coast theaters being closed didn't affect the numbers of other top grossing movies.

In that he was found not guilty, it should not have been an issue with black movie goers

So, word of mouth is The Birth of a Nation is not a good film. Could this be another reason the film is not doing well.

Are slave movies expected to be received by Black audiences as good just because it's produced by Black and the subject is slavery.
NOT.
It cost $$$$$ to see a movie. I'm asking somebody was the movie good before I come out of pocket.

At least Nate can blame women for the failure and not that the movie didn't deliver as expected.

This is not true. The word of mouth is that the film is good to great. Moreover, the reason it won so many critical awards from the film festivals.

Also, editorial license is taken by all movies. People's real lives are quite boring. Finally, the historical accounts are the ones told by the masters. Thus, how could they be accurate?

No, the east coast theaters being closed didn't affect the numbers of other top grossing movies.

In that he was found not guilty, it should not have been an issue with black movie goers

1. That would only be true if the east coast movie theatres that were closed had no prior plans to show the top grossing movies. Otherwise, their numbers were affected too.

2. This is what psyops looks and feels like in real time.

birth_of_a_nation_box_office_20161012.png

The production budget was $10 million, so after 1 week in theatres it's $100,000 short of breaking even. Doesn't sound like a "dismal performance" to me.

This is not true. The word of mouth is that the film is good to great. Moreover, the reason it won so many critical awards from the film festivals.

Also, editorial license is taken by all movies. People's real lives are quite boring. Finally, the historical accounts are the ones told by the masters. Thus, how could they be accurate?

I haven't heard any one in my circle of friends and associates speak much about the movie after seeing the movie.
I refuse to watch slave movies on the big screen or television for personal reasons.

All I'm wondering is why are some Blacks so hungry for slave movies to receive recognition from white Hollywood. As a female, who had no intention of seeing the movie, watching all this unfold, is sad.

White people dont care about Us. Never have, never will.
They don't care about our slave movies or our feelings when not any Black movie is represented at the academy awards. They just don't care.

They laugh at the desperation Blacks show for their approval.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back