Black People : Birth Control options for men. Where are they?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by kente417mojo, Sep 14, 2004.

1. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Why don't men have as many options for birth control as women do? All men seem to have are condoms or vasectomy. I don't know of many other options. Women have pills, the patch, a depo shot, diaphrams (I think that's what it's called) and more. Why are men so limited when it comes to controlling this issue. Do they think men all over the world will use it too much to avoid having kids...in the process ending all humankind? Probably will, but we should have the option to do so if we choose. Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed this. Maybe there are other options out there that I just don't know about. Does anyone know of anymore options for men? Honestly, condoms suck but we have to use them. They take away all feeling. Vesectomies are scary...so that's out. Plus, you might want to have more kids someday. What do you guys think? I mean, if they had a shot or patch for men I'd be the first in line and I'd buy months and months worth of it. :peace:

2. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
    Not only have I noticed that CONDOMS are NEVER on sale, I notice that men don't seem to have the same options.

It would be interesting to compare the stats of unplanned pregnancies if men AND women were both using contraceptives.

3. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    It would because you know a guy would NEVER forget to take his pill. There would be no slip-ups. He might take two at the same time just in case one is a "dud". I just think it would be great if men had as many options as women to prevent pregnancies, since we don't have any options once a woman gets pregnant.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    i wanna get a vasectomy but i have this fear of white men standing around my johnson with sharp objects in their hands, u know? :x:

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Dog a vasectomy is the easiest thing in the world ...I got mine done a little over 2 years ago...June 26 2002...took all of 30 minutes.....only had a little pain problem on the left side and had to get to injections to kill the pain but other than that no problems whatsoever.....

Mississippi Red

6. kente417mojo

Ratings:
    +34
    One thing I've always been scared of was that people would tell me that some men have performance anxiety after a vasectomy and can't get it up. It's only some though. I'm sure the number is small. That was one thing I was always scared of though. Maybe these men had performance anxiety before even having the vasectomy though. Still, it would be nice to have more than a couple of options...and one out of the two requires surgery.

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Ain't that the truth!!

8. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    I think that the reason a man don't have as many options as a women is because it is a womens body who actually withstands all the changes it will take on her. Therefor, the choice is hers.

I remember a time when women didn't have much of a choice either. It was illegal for a women to abort a child, yet many women were risking their lives and dying because they either had to many children already or they couldn't bare the humilation of having a child and not being married.

You raise a very valid point. Maybe men should protest for more birth control for men.

Surly there is another choice that you didn't mention. If you don't want to have children at the time, you can simple avoid having sex.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    it's just the human nature of it , men will work by the sweat of his bra
    women will bare all labor so the choices was made long ago and given
    women more options to control birth or bring forth life .

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    is that the new wonder drug? (noassatall) :tongue: