Health and Wellness : BIONIC KIDNEY TO REPLACE DIALYSIS?

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Kemetstry, May 28, 2017.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +7,360
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +7,360
    Not always can natural remedies be good for a medical condition despite of how effective they are. Sometimes, in serious conditions only medical technology can help such as in the case of kidney dialysis. Without dialysis, a patient may not survive and what makes the suffering greater is the waiting list for kidney transplants. Till now a solution still remains elusive for this disease.
    But!! This is where medical technology steps in where scientists from the University of California in San Francisco have invented the world’s first bionic kidney which can replace damaged kidneys.

1 The bionic kidney can be inserted through common surgery
    The world’s first bionic kidney can be inserted in a body by a common surgical procedure and it has proved to work efficiently. It is now proving to be the perfect replacement for a damaged kidney. The bionic kidney consists of several microchips which is moved by the heart. The bionic kidney also filters out toxins from the blood in the same way as a normal kidney.
    Members of the research team Shuvo Roy of the University of California and William H Fissel nephrologist and associate professor of medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center have said that the invention is all set to give hope to the millions suffering from kidney failure and who are on dialysis.

3. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +7,360
  4. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +828
    Kem this is a rare biomechanical breakthrough since the pacemaker. You're a professional chemist and I believe a very astute one so I know you know a 2 to 3 year projection for first use off the existing certified national transplant list is completely unrealistic and gives false hope to past age specific or poor prognosis survivable candidates. Like the pacemaker this is cutting edge industry wide changing technology that for all intents and purposes singlehandedly just put the existing Hemodialysis industry on it's head. Like any Federal agency the FDA is not one to push cutting edge never before existing and tested medical technology before exhaustive research, analysis and animal testing has shaken out every possible issue contrary to favorable long and long term patient survivability vs, existing hemodialysis and the Chinese CHN Herbal Regimen. I predict a minimum 3 year test regimen before animal test trials if even then. I have more to say but work calls so we'll talk later my friend. Good read though, very informative.

5. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +7,360

Unless they are going thru the final testing phase for the FDA

6. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +828
    After some basic research on the profitability of various treatment regimens for end stage renal failure I see I am in the wrong business. There are two existing promoters of hemodialysis which coincidentally happen to have a veritable monopoly on the national and global hemodialysis treatment market. Colorado based DaVita Healthcare rakes in a guaranteed 828 million dollars annually just from private insurance carriers. Along with it's foreign investment outsourced partner in crime Fresesnius Medical Care based in Germany who receives over one billion American dollars from their collective network of 3,900 hemodialysis treatment centers also grabs the largest chunk (75%) of Americas 34 billion dollar annual Medicare hemodialysis payout. That is a lot of money. The other partners in white collar crime in the name of health care are the pharmaceutical conglomerates Amgen and Johnson & Johnson who make Epogen and Procrit respectively. It was reported by medical watchdog advocacy groups that when Epogen and Procrit hit the hemodialysis and allied treatment markets Medicare paid Amgen & Johnson & Johnson 2 billion American tax dollars for permission to make them available to non private insured patients. An investigation and ensuing class action lawsuit garnered the fact that health care providers were being billed for these medicines that were not allowed to be prescribed after they reached their shelf life to the tune of 1.8 billion dollars a year. The annually rake in from gross profits just in the hemodialysis industry alone is incalculable and has yet to be revealed due to end runs and deflection by the Pharmaceutical conglomerate's legal departments but medical watchdog analyst calculate the combined profits are probably in the tens of trillions of dollars a year in America alone. So with that having been said, just what do you think these medical monoliths are going to do? Sit by and watch their mansions, yachts, private jets and high priced mistresses 1.5 million dollar a month condos end up in foreclosure? Ever notice how the world renowned lap band and mesh surgeons are being sued left, right and center? Everything contrary to the health insurance industry and their brothers in crime the health care providers and legal drug pushers status quo especially when massive profits are involved has a price.

I tried getting data on this from the FDA website but nada. Found this though.

www.google.com/patents/US5092886

7. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +828
    My post seemed to have suffered a kind of "Back to the Future" thingy. I checked and they have a patent for it but I cannot get any more information about clinical trials, beta testing or anything relating to that. I hope you're right but knowing the FDA if the tribute is high enough, new treatment regimens and devices will get their rubber stamp of approval in short order especially when private investors are involved.

I can't find anything concerning application , approval or denial of application on the FDA website but if what they say in the news bit they could be on track with a tentative availability date.

https://www.fda.gov/

There are a couple of artificial kidney patents but I don't know if this is them.

https://www.uspto.gov/

www.google.com/patents/US5092886

8. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +7,360

Thus it seems they are controlling the info

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,932
    :qqb009:hit me up when they develop a bionic penis.....

10. Symbol of America

United States
    Ratings:
    +828

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bionic kidney trials