Black People : Bill passed gives, Puerto Rican citizens , right to vote for statehood/ independence

The reason I have to ask is because I am of Puerto Rican decent and unless you have been to the Island and seen what has happened in the last 30 years! You would not comment as you have on Puerto Rico waiting for hand outs!!!!!!!

The question is... do I care?

No, I don't.

I don't care who gets a hand out. I'm all for giving folks handouts and relieving them of their financial burden or debt or whatever.

I just think yalls turn is up and we should 'adopt' some other country and give them the same privileges of statehood or commonwealth-hood or whatever. Yall doing good, I think you could function as an independent state pretty good.

Apparently yall feel that way too - because you want to be independent and out from under the US.

Sayanara :wave:

Love the movie Salsa btw. I use to crush on Robbie Rosa. back when he was in Menudo (that's chitlin soup - right?) Cecelia Cruz is excellent. Maybe I'll visit one day. I hear it's a beautiful island. But crowded.

The reason I have to ask is because I am of Puerto Rican decent and unless you have been to the Island and seen what has happened in the last 30 years! You would not comment as you have on Puerto Rico waiting for hand outs!!!!!!!

I'm from the next island west and they apparently don't understand that this happens about every few years. And the majority always keeps the status quo. At least so far. Maybe this year will be different.

http://www.essortment.com/all/puertoricansta_rdla.htm

Oh and by the way medusanegrita
Celia Cruz was Cuban and Salsa is a Cuban Dance. If you want boriqua(Puerto Rician) try Jalo, Mark Anthony, or watch West Side Story. Oh and also Calle 13. Aventura is Dominican, an Shakira is columbian.

Oh and by the way medusanegrita
Celia Cruz was Cuban and Salsa is a Cuban Dance. If you want boriqua(Puerto Rician) try Jalo, Mark Anthony, or watch West Side Story. Oh and also Calle 13

I know a lil' bit about Celia. I checked out a little background on her when I watched part of the movie 'The Buena Vista Social Club' and when I did a a quiz on musical fusions that paired her and Dionne Warwick in a version of 'Do you know the Way to San Jose.'

But she was in that movie, Salsa, and that movie kinda dealt with Rosa's desire to go to PR. That's why I made the connection.

Never heard of Calle 13. Might check that out. Thanks.

I thought the majority in PR wanted independence?
Are you saying the majority wants to stay a commonwealth? Why? Are they scared of having to take care of themselves all the sudden?

I know a lil' bit about Celia. I checked out a little background on her when I watched part of the movie 'The Buena Vista Social Club' and when I did a a quiz on musical fusions that paired her and Dionne Warwick in a version of 'Do you know the Way to San Jose.'

But she was in that movie, Salsa, and that movie kinda dealt with Rosa's desire to go to PR. That's why I made the connection.

Never heard of Calle 13. Might check that out. Thanks.

I thought the majority in PR wanted independence?
Are you saying the majority wants to stay a commonwealth? Why? Are they scared of having to take care of themselves all the sudden?

Read the link pros and cons, You thought wrong why should they give up a good deal. . And if they do go independent your drug cost will be going up as their big money maker is pharmaceuticals. Almost if not all of the American drug companys have their labs and production there.

Again http://www.essortment.com/all/puertoricansta_rdla.htm

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back