Black People : Bill of rights to protect black shoppers from racial profiling at luxury retail stores

RAPTOR

Sep 12, 2009
Civil rights leaders such as the Rev. Al Sharpton and retail executives have hammered out a list of rules that will be tacked up inside stores to ensure that black shoppers will not be racially profiled and targeted just for buying a pricey item.

Six weeks after the Daily News reported on a series of racial-profiling allegations from black shoppers, a coalition of high-end retailers and civil rights leaders came up with a “bill of rights” to protect customers from “shop-and-frisk” practices.

The list was released to the media after getting final approval Monday morning at a meeting that included the Rev. Al Sharpton and executives from Barneys, Macy’s, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Lord & Taylor and other department stores.

Sharpton hailed the “best practices” agreement — the first of its kind between community leaders and the retail industry — as a step in the right direction.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bill-rights-protect-black-shoppers-racial-profiling-article-1.1542257#ixzz2npOWODlz

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
How much of a sucker do you have to be? lol SMH.

You need a bill rights so that a store won't profile while shopping in their fake overpriced store to take your money???

Instead of a WAKE UP CALL, which this was a perfect opportunity for, we bow down once again to hang to something that's not EVEN REAL! You don't NEED any store.

If we put the same effort into promoting reality they way we promote illusions, this world would flip over in a nanosecond.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
thats what dudes with perms do. I can hear him now with the MLK-esque quavering in his voice. Streets are filled with the blood of black youth.. jails are filled with black people.. many for nothing more than traffic/parking tickets.. children routinely severely undereducated.. media companies pushing and promoting destructive values at black people... social services programs undermining black families.. and so on.. and so on.. and here this dude is talking about Shop and Frisk..

please..

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
thats what dudes with perms do. I can hear him now with the MLK-esque quavering in his voice. Streets are filled with the blood of black youth.. jails are filled with black people.. many for nothing more than traffic/parking tickets.. children routinely severely undereducated.. media companies pushing and promoting destructive values at black people... social services programs undermining black families.. and so on.. and so on.. and here this dude is talking about Shop and Frisk..

please..

EXACTLY!

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.